Question about HT Room

GeorgeO

Folks

My HT room is in my basement, and it is fully carpeted, and also jas a few upholstered chairs. It is not air conditioned. I find that it is (because of lack of air circulation) smelling a bit musty, and wonder if I can use a perfume spray to "de-mustyify " it.

Any suggestions?

If possible, set up an exhaust fan .... low rpm ... to keep noise low .... on any corner of the room to throw the indoor air to the outside environs. I have seen that room, but don't remember if it has any direct access to the outside. Just make sure that the location of the exhaust fan is as far as possible away from the entry door to the room.

If fan option is not possible, then put a centrifugal blower on the ground floor level ... run an airduct piece connecting the blower (in suction mode) to any point within the HT room. This arrangement would also cut-off the noise issue too. A slightly more expensive option than a simple exhaust fan.

Select the fan size @ 4 to 6 air changes per hour (of the room volume).

Thanks.

No direct access to the outside, only through a large shaft opening up to a skylight about 16-17 ft high, the blower option (in suction mode) might be a better bet.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back