Question on Home Theatre

amittank

Hi Friends,

I have a very basic question. I have an LG home theatre system, is it possible to connect this to the TV in such a way that I get sound from the home theatre speakers while the video from the TV when connecting it using a HDMI cable?

Thanks,
Amit

Hi ,
I suppose that your home theatre has a built in dvd/blue ray player.

The answer is 'yes' provided

1) your home theatre has HDMI Out.

2)the tv has HDMI In.

If you are using HDMI Capable separate DVD Player,then it is a separate issue.

Does your tv have HDMI Out? I dont know of any tv that has it.

What you can do is feed the HDMI Signal to your tv with HDMI Cable and feed the home theatre with a co axial/optical cable. (co axial or optical cable can carry upto 5.1 channel audio but not 7.1)
This would be the best way to achieve what you want if your home theatre has coaxial or optical 'in' .

I dont think the Lg home theatre will have both HDMI In & out but check it out. If it has then let us know .

Hi ,
I suppose that your home theatre has a built in dvd/blue ray player.

The answer is 'yes' provided

1) your home theatre has HDMI Out.

2)the tv has HDMI In.

If you are using HDMI Capable separate DVD Player,then it is a separate issue.

Does your tv have HDMI Out? I dont know of any tv that has it.

What you can do is feed the HDMI Signal to your tv with HDMI Cable and feed the home theatre with a co axial/optical cable. (co axial or optical cable can carry upto 5.1 channel audio but not 7.1)
This would be the best way to achieve what you want if your home theatre has coaxial or optical 'in' .

I dont think the Lg home theatre will have both HDMI In & out but check it out. If it has then let us know .

Yes my home theatre has a DVD player. It has an HDMI out and my TV has an HDMI in. My TV don't have HDMI out. So now I will get a co-axial/optical cable and do output from TV to the home theatre and let you know if it works.

Thanks for the help

I believe you are asking about cable conn/stb sound from ht. The sound of cable/stb can't be sent to ht via hdmi in lg & philips ht. You need to use separate rca or optical cable for it.

This is possible in panasonic & sony ht as they have audio return chanel in their ht.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back