Questions About YAMAHA HTR-2067 Home Theatre Receiver

Hanon

Hello. This is my first post on this forum.
My warmest greetings to you all :eek:hyeah:

May i have some suggestion?

1) I planned to buy Yamaha HTR-2067. But from technical specification i read online, it only support Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) and DTS Surround. While other more expensive htr support something like Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, etc. Would it make big difference to overall sound quality?

2) Do it support passive subwoofer?

3) I planned to setup it with 2 pair Bose Accousticmass 5 (2.1 system). What do you guys think the best?
Connect 4 satellite to R,L,SR,SL then 2 subwoofer to subwoofer?
OR
Connect 1 pair (2 satellite to subwoofer then subwoofer to htr) to R & L, 2 satellite to SR & SL, then 1 subwoofer to subwoofer?

Hope you guys could help me.

Thank You
:)

Hi

Movies and concerts are recorded in different digital formats and are available over DVDs and Blu Rays.....AVRs are designed to handle most common formats...as time flies by, technology improves and new formats come in....for example Dolby Atmos.....

First you need to decide what content and formats you will use with the AVR and according based on your budget and which brand or model appeals to you....go ahead and purchase the AVR....

The Bose Acoustimass 5 is a L + R speaker system...you need to connect these speakers to the front left and front right speaker points.....AVR setting for bass should be MAIN + LFE or MAIN only as only then the passive Bose sub will get bass signals and perform ......

You will need to get a decent center speaker and 2 surround speakers for the rear ones....

The key is to audition and demo and decide what you like....

Hello. This is my first post on this forum.
My warmest greetings to you all :eek:hyeah:

May i have some suggestion?

1) I planned to buy Yamaha HTR-2067. But from technical specification i read online, it only support Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) and DTS Surround. While other more expensive htr support something like Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, etc. Would it make big difference to overall sound quality?

2) Do it support passive subwoofer?

3) I planned to setup it with 2 pair Bose Accousticmass 5 (2.1 system). What do you guys think the best?
Connect 4 satellite to R,L,SR,SL then 2 subwoofer to subwoofer?
OR
Connect 1 pair (2 satellite to subwoofer then subwoofer to htr) to R & L, 2 satellite to SR & SL, then 1 subwoofer to subwoofer?

Hope you guys could help me.

Thank You
:)

One of the big disadvantage Yamaha 2067 has is no USB connection at the front panel. You can consider Pioneer VSX 329k as well. Its also the entry level model like Yamaha 2067 but Pioneer 329 supports DD+ DTS+, Dolby True HD etc. & also comes with USB connection at frond..

Thanks,
Sachin.

Hi

Movies and concerts are recorded in different digital formats and are available over DVDs and Blu Rays.....AVRs are designed to handle most common formats...as time flies by, technology improves and new formats come in....for example Dolby Atmos.....

First you need to decide what content and formats you will use with the AVR and according based on your budget and which brand or model appeals to you....go ahead and purchase the AVR....

The Bose Acoustimass 5 is a L + R speaker system...you need to connect these speakers to the front left and front right speaker points.....AVR setting for bass should be MAIN + LFE or MAIN only as only then the passive Bose sub will get bass signals and perform ......

You will need to get a decent center speaker and 2 surround speakers for the rear ones....

The key is to audition and demo and decide what you like....

Hi efernand1, Thanks for the response :)

i'm going to use it to play music and very often to play Movies from laptop to hdmi to tv. The movie video and audio format is usually 1080p and 640kbps 5.1 Channel DTS. But with the same formats, will there big difference in audio quality if I play it from HTR that supports only for example like DD+ and DTS Surround compared to HTR that supports DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc?

I have 2 pair of 2.1 system Bose Accoustimass. I'm confused what's the best way to setup them to HTR. My idea is to connect 1 pair of satellites only to Front L and Front R, 1 pair of satellites only to Surr L and Surr R, then 2 subwoofer if it strong enough to Sub. But I'm affraid it will damaged the satellites speaker. Will it? What do you think?

Thank you :)

One of the big disadvantage Yamaha 2067 has is no USB connection at the front panel. You can consider Pioneer VSX 329k as well. Its also the entry level model like Yamaha 2067 but Pioneer 329 supports DD+ DTS+, Dolby True HD etc. & also comes with USB connection at frond..

Thanks,
Sachin.

Hi Sachinv, Thanks for the response.
I'm interested to Pioneer VSX 329k too. But from the information i read, it only support active subwoofer? Am i correct?

Hi efernand1, Thanks for the response :)

i'm going to use it to play music and very often to play Movies from laptop to hdmi to tv. The movie video and audio format is usually 1080p and 640kbps 5.1 Channel DTS. But with the same formats, will there big difference in audio quality if I play it from HTR that supports only for example like DD+ and DTS Surround compared to HTR that supports DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc?

I have 2 pair of 2.1 system Bose Accoustimass. I'm confused what's the best way to setup them to HTR. My idea is to connect 1 pair of satellites only to Front L and Front R, 1 pair of satellites only to Surr L and Surr R, then 2 subwoofer if it strong enough to Sub. But I'm affraid it will damaged the satellites speaker. Will it? What do you think?

Hi Sachinv, Thanks for the response.
I'm interested to Pioneer VSX 329k too. But from the information i read, it only support active subwoofer? Am i correct?

Yes!! it only supports Active Sub..

Hi Hanon,

Although the Pioneer AVR supports only active sub, you can connect the Bose AM 5 as main speakers and do the speaker settings as large....you will definitely get appropriate amount of bass....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back