razor mako

shrjun

razer mako

:)I would be grateful if somebody would tell me where I might pick up the Razer Mako 2.1 gaming speakers in delhi?Is it true that the Audioengine A5 is better for music(how do they sound without the AS8 subwoofer-better than the razer)?

Last edited:
i suggest you go for audio engine a5 its a very good contender if you want deeper bass then you can add a sub woofer in the longer run.

Re: razer mako

:)I would be grateful if somebody would tell me where I might pick up the Razer Mako 2.1 gaming speakers in delhi?Is it true that the Audioengine A5 is better for music(how do they sound without the AS8 subwoofer-better than the razer)?

Have not heard the mako speakers but have spent enough time with Audio Engine. The A5 is is a very good set of speaker. Before I suggest for you think about it need to understand what you plan to listen to it and how do you tend to use it? Games + music + ...

Have not heard the mako speakers but have spent enough time with Audio Engine. The A5 is is a very good set of speaker. Before I suggest for you think about it need to understand what you plan to listen to it and how do you tend to use it? Games + music + ...

I will be using them for music(classic rock,dance,psychedelic rock,R & B,pop......all flac files)and mainly the latest English movie DVDs(originals).I need the growl of the subwoofer!-had an Altec Lansing ATP3 earlier.However,I also would not like the overall soundstage to be bass heavy with subsequent loss/decreased clarity at the higher and mid range.I should also be able to pair them with my laptop.

None of the desktop systems are meant to provide good sub woofer experience without getting boomy. You are asking too much from such a poor system. Altec Lansing...I would not comment much on its handling of music or movies.

If you are on a budget and need a decent system for music and movies then a user pair of bookshelves with a receiver is the way to go. Otherwise, you will get roughtly 50-60% fo the effect from a decent desktop system like the Audio Engine. If I went by the info on Razer's site it may come in a bit lower as its meant of gaming primarily - which in effects targets the mid range frequency mostly. Your musical tastes tend to focus more on the high and mid frequency with a bit of lower end for Dance and R&B

One thing I noticed when reading on razer's website is that they use proprietary stuff in their systems build. This means your upgrade path is very limited and this hobby is all about that after sometime or the other.

I will be using them for music(classic rock,dance,psychedelic rock,R & B,pop......all flac files)and mainly the latest English movie DVDs(originals).I need the growl of the subwoofer!-had an Altec Lansing ATP3 earlier.However,I also would not like the overall soundstage to be bass heavy with subsequent loss/decreased clarity at the higher and mid range.I should also be able to pair them with my laptop.

Would u suggest a setup then?I'm amazed that 'cheap' bookshelves + AVR would sound better than the razer/A5.Would I need to add a sub or would I get adequate growl for my buck!I apologise for being so pesky but this forum has really opened my mind(?ears).Till a few days ago I was convinced that the height of auditory bliss at an affordable price range in India was BOSE.

None of the desktop systems are meant to provide good sub woofer experience without getting boomy. You are asking too much from such a poor system. Altec Lansing...I would not comment much on its handling of music or movies.

If you are on a budget and need a decent system for music and movies then a user pair of bookshelves with a receiver is the way to go. Otherwise, you will get roughtly 50-60% fo the effect from a decent desktop system like the Audio Engine. If I went by the info on Razer's site it may come in a bit lower as its meant of gaming primarily - which in effects targets the mid range frequency mostly. Your musical tastes tend to focus more on the high and mid frequency with a bit of lower end for Dance and R&B

One thing I noticed when reading on razer's website is that they use proprietary stuff in their systems build. This means your upgrade path is very limited and this hobby is all about that after sometime or the other.

Did u mean 'used' bookshelves?Could somebody from Hyderabad help me out here-where do u look for 2nd hand speakers?My budget is around Rs 40000,all inclusive.

I had stepped into the Jamo Shop(Cinebels,Hyderabad)recently and while the salesman was pleasant enough,he also had an air of dismissiveness about him.I had enquired about 2.0s with a budget of Rs 50000.Are decent setups only for the fat cats!

40k should get you a Wharfedale 9 series pair with an entry level integrated amp from the likes of NAD, maybe Marantz too. So, no harm in auditioning tthose first, before buying the Audioengine speakers.

40k should get you a Wharfedale 9 series pair with an entry level integrated amp from the likes of NAD, maybe Marantz too. So, no harm in auditioning tthose first, before buying the Audioengine speakers.

Thanks for the suggestion:),however,my source is my laptop.and I'm quite the dunce at the possible connections required.Also,I'm presently in a 'B' grade town in north india where nothing is available-all purchases have to be made online without an audition:mad:.Was thinking of getting the Beresford Caiman to go with them.

I've decided on the Audioengine A5 finally!Could a good subwoofer be suggested for the same,as there does not seem to be VFM in buying the audioengine subwoofer.ebay global easybuy seems to have some sort of free shipping promo going on.Are any of the subwoofers listed there compatible with the A5 + a good deal?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back