RCA interconnect

sumchamp

Planning to get the microphone cable and connectors for RCA connection for my car amp/dsp.

Shortlisted

1. Belden 8402(short supply) or Belden 8412P(available for 450/m+gst)
OR
2. Mogami W2534/2549

3. Switchcraft 3502
OR
4. Canare F10

I can highly recommend the Belden 8402.
However I am not so sure about car amps - what amp are you using right now?

Another Belden that is popular but I have not heard is the 1800.

Not using any amp atm. Planning to put zapco ADSP-Z8 or mosconi pico series amp+dsp.

Not using any amp atm. Planning to put zapco ADSP-Z8 or mosconi pico series amp+

@sumchamp
can u share source and pricing of Belden 8402

That's why i have written short supply and unable to find anyone who's selling.

@sumchamp
can u share source and pricing of Belden 8402

thanks.
i was looking for unterminated wires for DIY interconnects. I guess mogami is only available among budget options. Even canare is out of stock at most places.

All the above cables are 3-core (2 main and 1 shield), so be careful of the topology while terminating with RCA. In a car, where the entire body acts as negative, there is lots of possibilities of picking-up interference.
In such a case while using 3-core wire (one of which is shield) there are two methods of termination.

1. Short the shield to the ground at both ends of the interconnect.
(or)
2. Short at output (ie. source in your case DSP) and leave it open at the input (amp). In this case, your cable becomes directional and you will have to mark arrows accordingly from DSP (shorted) to Amp (Open).

Planning to get the microphone cable and connectors for RCA connection for my car amp/dsp.
What DSP is it? what would be the distance between DSP and AMP in your install? is it a 4 way active ? and lastly what car is it? your cable and connecter choice will be based on the above.

What DSP is it? what would be the distance between DSP and AMP in your install? is it a 4 way active ? and lastly what car is it? your cable and connecter choice will be based on the above.

Does the cable and connector depends on what dsp i am going to run it with? Possibly going with a Helix dsp. Length shouldn't be more than a meter. Currently plan to run 2-way active. At the moment i am just trying to figure out what cable I should go with in a car.

can anyone recommend me online dealers for RCA plugs. I am looking for amphenol, switchcraft brands. I have used few RCA plugs from audiocrafts in the past. Want to explore more budget options before i go in for them again.

Anyone using MX rca plugs here, how do they compare to neutrik ?

can anyone recommend me online dealers for RCA plugs. I am looking for amphenol, switchcraft brands. I have used few RCA plugs from audiocrafts in the past. Want to explore more budget options before i go in for them again.

Anyone using MX rca plugs here, how do they compare to neutrik ?
Ideally MX should not be compared to Neutrik. These are professional grade connectors while the former is for general/ commercial use. Though they make some fancy looking and equally high costing plugs.

rca plug sources
I have made purchases in the below websites for my cable and HIFI needs.

Hificollective.co.uk

Designeacable.com

Tanotis.com (India sales)

Theaudiocrafts.com (India sales)

MNT CORPORATION - Chandrashekar-7358008024 ( Neutrik Dealers),
Think they deal with Belden also. Some good solid core cables are listed. Will pay a visit there as it's close to my home.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back