Rdio has started services in India

Hi,

I was not able to make a payment on Rdio using my credit cards. Anbody has faced a similar problem ?

Thx in advance,
Amit

I have subscribed for Rdio. Also subscribed for Gaana. Found Rdio quality to better,
for the same set of songs. However there seems to be some stuttering once in a
while when I use Rdio desktop application to play. Havent tried Saavn yet.

As far as content goes, I really havent had a chance to compare between Rdio and
Gaana to see which has more content.

Rdio is probably the first service in India with support on popular platforms like Chromecast, Openelec, XBMC etc. Though I am waiting for squeezebox support. Nevertheless the possibility of easily connecting to hifi audio systems is really exciting.

I subscribed to the web plan for Rs 60/month. I find the quality much better than Gaana.

Using Rdio too. Quality is good and selection is wider too... especially the international selection.

I'm using Spotify, but Rdio (in the Indian context) is dirt cheap. The Unlimited package even streams on smartphone and tablet, perfect for playing via sounddock or wireless speakers like Sonos.

Very impressed, especially in terms of the catalogue and savings too.

ya i think i am paying 110 a month for streaming from any of my phone or laptop, it is just amazing VFM. I am disappointed with lack of some international artists though, specially Metallica.

Just registered a free account at rdio and I've to admit, this has some great quality of music across genres. The audio quality is much much better compared to the much hyped saavn.

I've got a 2 day free unlimited usage in rdio which is awesome. Will surely subscribe it for using it with all of my devices.
The best part of rdio I like is one can continue listening from where you have left on different devices.

Last edited:
Yes I have also subscribed to rdio Rs. 60/month plan and I have found the sound quality to be much better than any other streaming service. Though, I have found some artists I need to be missing but I couldn't find them even on any other streaming sites so I guess this is the best option for now. And I am happy with it :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back