Re: Help with importing used audio

naah_mate83

Hi everyone,
I have just moved back from Australia and I have a fair bit of audio gear that I would like to import. I have read about how Customs can hold imports and charge silly rates for imports.
Is there anyone who has successfully imported used audio and is there a way to get it done on the cheaper side.
Especially considering all my gear is used and not new, i wouldn’t want to pay exorbitant import duties.
Any help greatly appreciated. TIA.

Hi everyone,
I have just moved back from Australia and I have a fair bit of audio gear that I would like to import. I have read about how Customs can hold imports and charge silly rates for imports.
Is there anyone who has successfully imported used audio and is there a way to get it done on the cheaper side.
Especially considering all my gear is used and not new, i wouldn’t want to pay exorbitant import duties.
Hi,

I heard that if you are going to move permanently to India, then no need to pay duty for items you are bringing from Abroad .

Anyway please check before you bring it.

Hi everyone,

Please see this link and also check on local official pages of such authorities.

Since you have already moved, may make sense to check if any friend / relative would be coming down who can avail of TR.

If not check the value of the gear you want to import, the duty costs versus the similar gear you can get in India and take a call.

Hi everyone,
If you are coming on Transfer of Residence to India then there could be no duty or could be quite low. Pls check the new rules pertaining to TR since a lot could have changed.
At least this was the case years ago in the 80's when my father had got all the audio gear by cargo. But the gear should be used and not brand new to prove that they were in regular use as a household item.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back