RE: Moderation of "For Sale" posts and other posts

svenkateshsmart

Dear Mods,

I am compelled to point out that there have been discrepancies in the way of moderation of for-sale and other posts. As discussed a number of times in the past, I understand that this is a private forum, but I feel there should be transparency to an extent.

Personally, I have received 2 infractions 1) for not posting pictures with handwritten HFV name and date, though the pictures had my username and date which was added via image editing software. I later understood this is very important to indicate, as explained by a forum member, that the equipment was in our personal possession at the time of sale.

However, there have been several posts violating rules that have been approved without issues. I believe all the "For Sale" threads are thoroughly reviewed before approval, but not sure how some are approved and some are not. Needless to say, it may average anywhere between 10-15 per day which I think is not a huge number.

My point is not to ask for "bad privilege" by citing the errors, "to err is human". This definitely lowers morale of other forum members and brings up a question of being biased.

so, there have been a number of posts having "f***", s***, etc., which are also not removed.

I hope mods will definitely look into this.

Cheers!

Re: Moderation of "For Sale" posts and other posts

Hi,

This has been discussed plenty in the past:p.. Dont get angry since your post is getting rejected and you got infraction for nothing . You had a bad time that day and mods are not good that day.

However human error is always possible...possible... Possible....This is the proven theory and accepted worldwide, can we employ an robot to monitor the sale post and other threads:D Cool...

My "For Sale Thread" is approved by Supermod and it is not in the hands of Secondary "moderators".

My post also got struck for sometime without no reasons( sorry i was not infracted) and i had a nice communication with "Supermod" to clear it off.:)

May be an suggestion to Supermod, the sale thread can be moderated twice. First by "Moderator" and then final by "Super Mod".:cool:

Hi,
My "For Sale Thread" is approved by Supermod and it is not in the hands of Secondary "moderators".

My post also got struck for sometime without no reasons( sorry i was not infracted) and i had a nice communication with "Supermod" to clear it off.

This is news to me!!:eek::eek::eek::argue: If this is the case, then it would be prudent if other moderators are also given authority to moderate the sale threads.

Last edited:

Moderators and members are both human beings and err. It is inappropriate to assume that members violate the posting rules on purpose unless there is clear evidence (like use of four letter words). Likewise it is inappropriate to attribute motives to moderators.

In this case I was warned by a mod and I have apologised to them. Not clear what purpose is served by making this a huge issue.

Moderators and members are both human beings and err. It is inappropriate to assume that members violate the posting rules on purpose unless there is clear evidence (like use of four letter words). Likewise it is inappropriate to attribute motives to moderators.

In this case I was warned by a mod and I have apologised to them. Not clear what purpose is served by making this a huge issue.

Okay, if that is the case, what about members who were banned for supposedly violating the rules. Of course, they were also human beings! The point that I am trying to make is, let there be a straightforward moderation and let secondary moderators also have "for sale" moderating rights! There is nothing like a huge issue here. On the other hand, all the comments are being made in good faith for betterment and I don't see anything wrong in giving feedback.

Last edited:

Every once in a while this has to come up!! :indifferent14:

There is always a report post button to click and bring mods attention to the post. PEACE :)

There is always a report post button to click and bring mods attention to the post. PEACE :)

Do you think it is working... Very rare.... Only PM Helps:) This is not related to sale thread anyway..

Just take an example the thread " your favourite amplifier"... is it going as per the request of OP or the thread meant to.. NOPE... From the post no.xx it has derailed,, but in a beautiful and meaningful way with nice discussion which can be created as an seperate thread... I have reported that thread with post no. twice nothing has happened:D:D

I clicked report post button for many shoe seller posts :mad: (spam) and almost with in hours such were removed.

I personally feel that 30 posts rule for opening a sale thread is "Bull". I saw many members replying to all threads with irrelevant messages and their 31st or next post is for sale thread. Can show the evidence too... :cool:

I clicked report post button for many shoe seller posts :mad: (spam) and almost with in hours such were removed.

I personally feel that 30 posts rule for opening a sale thread is "Bull". I saw many members replying to all threads with irrelevant messages and their 31st or next post is for sale thread. Can show the evidence too... :cool:

If you report or don't report shoe seller post will be removed without any notice from you. It will be visible open to all.:)

We need moderation for the threads which goes irrelevant to topic to make the forum clean and also the thread should not be deleted if the contents found useful and it should be merged with some other useful post which is relevant to the topic discussed... Itz almost like an Professional moderator job.:cool:

Also you are right about the sale thread, it is very evident here.

No mate, I am not trying to complain. The point I am trying to make here is when we have rules outlined here, let it be the same for everyone all the time. You know we all are here because we have something in common and we enjoy being here......so this is not something to make a commotion.

Last edited:

Most members post ads without bothering to read the Guidelines at http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/7112-sale-owners-rules-guidelines.html#post90374

Ads that do not comply with the above guidelines will be rejected or deleted without notice.

Main reasons why ads are rejected:

You must provide 2 clearly visible pictures of the product along with your HiFiVision.com username and date written by hand on a piece of paper next to the product.

You must have the product you are selling in possession at the time of sale.

Quoting Price, age, condition, ownership history and complete description of the item being sold is mandatory.

Most members do not post the required 2 pictures with their username and date written by hand on a piece of paper next to the product.

If you all comply with the guidelines, there should be no problems at all.

Most members post ads without bothering to read the Guidelines at http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/7112-sale-owners-rules-guidelines.html#post90374

Ads that do not comply with the above guidelines will be rejected or deleted without notice.

Main reasons why ads are rejected:

Most members do not post the required 2 pictures with their username and date written by hand on a piece of paper next to the product.

If you all comply with the guidelines, there should be no problems at all.

Here the question is not only about the rejected ads, but also there are a few approved ads which did not comply these above rules:

Examples are:
1. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/23526-lyra-lydian-beta-mc-cartridge-pro-ject-phono-stage.html
2. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/22822-einstein-greenline-largo-full-range-speaker-cables-3-5m-pair.html - 2 mandatory photos
3. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/23515-denon-dl-160-mc-cartridge.html

If it is too much, why not the other mods take care of this as well?

I am glad that you have raised this issue.

Hereafter if any for sale ad does not comply with the guidelines it will simply be deleted without any reason and with an infraction to the the seller.

It will be the sellers responsibility to ensure that their ad complies with the for sale guidelines.

You are right Venkatesh,,

I don't think except few any of the sale thread( including mine) has not met the criteria for approving in sale section..We read rules and not following properly and take advantage of "Supermod" toleration or concession.:signthankspin:

However as cited by you there is transparency is there by approving by violating the rules as mentioned above.. Do you want an strict moderation ? However i too object and raise my voice for approving an "Sale Thread" without pricing factor which is the main agenda and heart of the thread, which shows total toleration has been applied for approving the same.:)

So my request to "Supermod" is please do double moderation for these sale thread and leave it in the hands of " Moderators" too so rules were strictly enforced... :thumbsup:

Ok Starting with the same I will "try" to post an sale thread which will try to cover all the rules.:)

I am glad that supermod has come up and clarified this.

The point I was referring to was "
take advantage of "Supermod" toleration or concession.:signthankspin:
"

I wanted to basically clarify how for-sale moderation works? Is there any lenience given for first-time posters and the like? I think it is clear now

Srini sir, one goes crazy when one's posts gets kicked off twice for some reason and other posts appear :sad::eek:hyeah:

Last edited:

I am glad that you have raised this issue.

Hereafter if any for sale ad does not comply with the guidelines it will simply be deleted without any reason and with an infraction to the the seller.

It will be the sellers responsibility to ensure that their ad complies with the for sale guidelines.
I will say that "deleting post/thread" is good enough. "Infraction" is a very strong action (just a shade lower than "banning"). I will suggest that first time, "delete thread and send PM to person", second time "delete thread and give infraction", third time "use a ban".

I will say that "deleting post/thread" is good enough. "Infraction" is a very strong action (just a shade lower than "banning"). I will suggest that first time, "delete thread and send PM to person", second time "delete thread and give infraction", third time "use a ban".

Good suggestion!! However, it would be too much on the moderators to keep track of first-time, second time, etc., unless there is an automated process to do this!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back