Re: Saregama Carvaan Portable Music Player

If your parents know the basics of using a smartphone, then please do consider internet radio. My mom was looking for something for Malayalam devotional radio. Installed tunein on her tab, bought a Bluetooth adapter And hooked it up to some speakers i had lying around and set it up in the dining room. She's very happy now and exploring other stations too!

If your parents know the basics of using a smartphone, then please do consider internet radio. My mom was looking for something for Malayalam devotional radio. Installed tunein on her tab, bought a Bluetooth adapter And hooked it up to some speakers i had lying around and set it up in the dining room. She's very happy now and exploring other stations too!

5000 preloaded songs with geetmala is simple superb that too on click of button without ads and usb and Bluetooth is addon advantage, I guess for senior citizens it's 10/10 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do Saregama or any other company have an equivalent of this (Carvaan) in Tamil for senior citizens?

5000 preloaded songs with geetmala is simple superb that too on click of button without ads and usb and Bluetooth is addon advantage, I guess for senior citizens it's 10/10 for me

Guess you haven't met Alexa.

My parents have been using for a year, plays everything on voice command, and from the likes of Spotify, iHeart, Pandora, etc.

Likewise Google Home with all of the above and Google Play Music.

Agree with @greenhorn, internet radio and streaming services works very well too. My mom streams a lot - uses a few apps like BubbleUPnP, TuneIn, Wynk, JioMusic, etc. and also lots of YT.

Guess you haven't met Alexa.

My parents have been using for a year, plays everything on voice command, and from the likes of Spotify, iHeart, Pandora, etc.

Likewise Google Home with all of the above and Google Play Music.

Agree with @greenhorn, internet radio and streaming services works very well too. My mom streams a lot - uses a few apps like BubbleUPnP, TuneIn, Wynk, JioMusic, etc. and also lots of YT.

I don't think Alexa can play geetmala and many of those 5000 songs, I don't think the voice commands are that smooth to get such songs, these songs are like treasure for oldies, but thanks anyway will sure research on Alexa.

FM is OK. No AM.
My experience with the Saregama Carvaan radio was a mixed bag. Usage wise they got the user interface right, which is their biggest win. The sound quality is poor and harsh. It is very difficult to listen to it for long. So it tried better quality music from my collection through the USB drive. That was better, but still harsh. It has a peak at around 2KHz - 4Khz. So I converted the flac songs from my library to 320kbps MP3 with a reverse equalization applied. Now it is pleasant but has been reduced to an ordinary media player. So much for their 5000 song library.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Having recently got one, I can definitely say the the music seems to be curated by someone who knows old Bollywood.
It would be basically for people who value plug and play over sound quality which is probably the vast majority.
If you are old enough to have have been brought up on radio, this would be a very welcome gadget.
Very nice for background music as well.

The new model has option to choose songs and create playlists, something which was not possible until now.
There are also now Tamil, Bengali and Marathi versions.
Check on www.saregama.com

Sometimes it is always good that you discover something great accidentally. This is what happened with me when I was listening to Carvaan Marathi. I was never fan of Marathi Natysangeet it was too classical for me. My father in law was listening to it and it stuck to it for long time.

I really impressed with its collection (Especially regional version ) . Sound quality is not great but decent enough for passive listening.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back