Re: speaker mounts

Ghostrider

Hi All,

I have PSB B4 surround speakers, had mounted them on walls with standard round bolt mounts we get which are kind of torn as they are not able to hold the speaker in position.
Am looking for other mounts for which googled and got pinpointmounts - AM40-41, can anyone confirm or have used these
mounts with PSB B4.

Suggestions for other mounts are also welcome..

Thanks

Hello GhostRider,

PSB B4 is a Rear Ported Speaker, So its not a good idea to Mount them in the Wall.If am not wrong ,the rear of the speaker should be minimum One feet away from Wall.

Now i could conclude why the speaker is not sounding fine. You could find some thing in pinpointmounts itself with some Longer angle. Something like below

Speaker Wall Mount 6"X 5" | eBay.

But Localy you could get the Stand Mount, so look it localy too.

Hi AF,

The mount you have referred would not be a good option as speaker doesn't have any screws in bottom unless i opt to do it which I don't want.

Yes, these speakers are rear ported and can't be closely kept to wall there has to be gap and hence need mounts which can support angle, tilt for space.

Pinpointmounts AM40-41 looks good but better if someone had used it and are OK for this type of speaker else will go with normal round mounts

Thanks

The mount you have referred would not be a good option as speaker doesn't have any screws in bottom unless i opt to do it which I don't want.
Thanks

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a similar requirement.

When watching a movie from a Projector I have to push the sofa backwards to get more distance. Now when I do this the seating position goes behind my surround speakers.
This is due to certain limitations in the structural design of my room ( L shaped) one of the walls is shorter where the left surround speaker is fixed.

Is there a way to tilt the position of the speaker such that it fires in the direction as specified under 'B' in my image ?

View attachment 16533

Note: I know that if go for Bi-Polar surround speakers then they are side firing. But don't want to do this because with Dolby Digital/DTS etc each channel is recorded with discreet sound.
So with a mono-pole say a plane moving from left to right would have the the sound also coming exactly in this direction
A Bi-pole might scatter the sound at the right and towards the right front and might distort the effect the original recording had.

Any inputs suggestions on how to tilt these 2 surround speakers ?

Last edited:
We are in same boat, my position is similar to B, pinpointmounts AM40-41 can be the answer but as these are not available here or rather bit expensive, am trying to check with other users if they have used it with similar kind of speakers.

Pl.try with

TONOSYSTEMS LLP. 285, POWAIPLAZA, HIRANANDANIGARDENS, POWAI.MUMBAI 400076.
Phone: 022 3298 6263
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 9867412691

They manufacture speaker mounts and other accessorieries for home theatre at very reasonable costs.

Note: I know that if go for Bi-Polar surround speakers then they are side firing. But don't want to do this because with Dolby Digital/DTS etc each channel is recorded with discreet sound.

So with a mono-pole say a plane moving from left to right would have the the sound also coming exactly in this direction

A Bi-pole might scatter the sound at the right and towards the right front and might distort the effect the original recording had.

A bi-polar has two sets of speakers, each set at an angle against the wall. One is facing slightly forward, and the other is facing slightly backward. Bi-polars are the best option for rooms that have speaker placement issues, or when you have multiple rows of seats.

Bi-polars do not distort or scatter any sound. Both set of speakers create identical sound at the same instant. It is just that there is one sound wave moving towards the front and another towards the rear. If you are worried about one sound wave reflecting off the walls and coming back at you, remember two things. One; the surround sound amplitude is never very high to give the sound wave strength to bounce off walls and come and hit you. They usually dissipate. Secondly, you can always do room acoustics to ensure there are no reflection.

Cheers

what you need is a custom mount

but it works only if you have a keyhole slot at the back of your speaker or there is a threaded insert

EUmn3ma.jpg

Guys, appreciate your inputs on the stands.

In my case I would not be taking the stand route as I didn't find a stand to be aesthetic.
Would prefer a clean wall mounted speaker minus the stand.

Maybe I am stupid but these are my other 2 options.. :D

1. Bi-polar : But not too keen..
2. Thinking of building a dummy outer casing just for the aesthetics, and fixing my regular mono-pole surround speaker pointed in the direction that suites my setup.

View attachment 16539

Would still be interested in which route Ghostrider took.

Last edited:
Finally went for a set of brackets that could tilt the speaker by 45 deg.
However after fixing found that the bracket was struggling to hold the speaker weight, so had to fix an L clamp at the bottom to take the weight.

Not too pleased, but serves the purpose for now.

Here are some pics.

Come with a mounting bracket to be fixed first
Sp1.jpg

Main Stand slides into this bracket and is screwed in place
Sp2.jpg

After fixing the speaker , view at a 45 deg angle
Sp3.jpg

Bottom L Clamp that I had to fix to take the weight of the speaker.
Dint worry about drilling a hole as I have no plans to sell them later and they serve the purpose well for as far as surrounds are concerned.
Sp5.jpg

Cost of the bracket Rs 719/- for a pair.

Attachments

• Sp4.jpg
    Sp4.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back