Received a Damaged Subwoofer, looking for advice on options

SanthoshShetty

Hello,

Being a newbie on the topic wanted to seek advice in this forum from you all.
I recently ordered a 'Elac 5 cinema' speaker set from a online dealer and received a physically damages sub-woofer (see attached pic). The dealer is bit too slow in responding and was told I would receive a call and support from Elac representatives themselves in next course of action.

I have reached out Elac support directly as well (via email) and yet to hear back from them.
I have not operated the unit yet, so the functionality aspects are yet to be tested. I am hoping I would receive a replacement of the whole speaker set.

Has anyone faced similar issue from Elac or other brands? what are my options here?

Thanks in advance.

~Santhosh
(Bangalore)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-18 at 12.07.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-18 at 12.07.22.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 43
Hello,

I recently ordered a 'Elac 5 cinema' speaker set from a online dealer and received a physically damages sub-woofer (see attached pic). The dealer is bit too slow in responding and was told I would receive a call and support from Elac representatives themselves in next course of action.

I have reached out Elac support directly as well (via email) and yet to hear back from them.
I have not operated the unit yet, so the functionality aspects are yet to be tested. I am hoping I would receive a replacement of the whole speaker set.

Has anyone faced similar issue from Elac or other brands? what are my options here?

Thanks in advance.

~Santhosh
(Bangalore)
Sorry to hear.
If you bought from authorised dealer, you can get help or else difficult. I dont think elac support can do anything as we are in India.

That looks like a serious drop and it fell on one corner edge... chances of magnet getting dislodged/out of alignment are plenty...

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

~Santhosh
(Bangalore)
Looks like a Significant impact, do you have the similar impact damage on outer package as well? Then that's a courier related damage.
If its the authorized dealer, it needs to be replaced.
if the outer box is ok, it depends upon your relationship with the local dealer who can impress the authorized dealer that its a courier related damage, And get a replacement.

Otherwise (You're unsure of Warranty) ; switch it on, if its playing fine without distortion, don't worry nothing needs to be done.
If its getting distorted, better consider 3rd party technicians.

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

~Santhosh
(Bangalore)

Looks like a courier handling / shipping damage. Trust you have the box and if one of the sides has some kind of damage then definitely it is a handling damage. Trust you took pics of the same.

Usual practise whenever ordered online and received, it is advisable to take an unboxing video with pics, this helps just incase there are such instances. I started this practise from my end since 2020 (lockdown) for expensive stuff.

Who is this online dealer?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back