Recliners

ranjeetrain

I have been scouring markets for recliners. I realized the good ones were not cheap and by adding some money to it I could get recliners with built-in massage function.

Prices? Start at INR equivalent 25k for most basic models and there is no upper range. Goes up to INR equivalent 3 lacs or so.

Question: Are these things available in Indian stores? Anyone happen to buy or enquire about them? Hows the experience? Prices?

All contributions welcome.

Tile-vi.png

http://images109.fotki.com/v779/photos/4/2880914/12236280/Tile-vi.png

Question: Are these things available in Indian stores? Anyone happen to buy or enquire about them? Hows the experience? Prices?

All contributions welcome.

Don't know if the fancy built in massager ones are available, but Stanley Leather Welcome to Stanley Lifestyle, I N D I A sells Lazboy and a couple or three other international brand recliners. Starts from approx 50K on.

A couple of others I know of are Damro India Furniture Manufacturer | Damro Furniture India and Tangent ::Welcome to Tangent:: Don't know about the prices.

One of the Reliance brand brick-n-mortar type stores also has them if I am not mistaken.

IIRC there also was a thread on this topic at HFV.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember there was a thread like this a long time ago. I am sure most of the info in that thread would be invalid by now. Looking for some fresh info. Retail market has evolved, so there must be a lot new stuff to know.

Thanks for chipping in!

I have seen the OSIM stuff. Finish is top rate and being the most reputed massage-chair brand, their quality is top-notch too. But, ouch, the prices. Similarly for Panasonic. They also offer a number of products in this area, but their prices are quite high as well. If there is something more affordable without sacrificing the quality, that would be a good find.

Btw, I can't open the OSIM site. Is there any downloadable catalogue with Indian prices that you can point me to or download and email me, please.

Wonder why you are not able to access Osim site.
No price catalogue.
But here goes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjgv2fd4dfdhxml/Osim.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/user/osimindia
https://www.facebook.com/OsimIndia
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40iei0vnr75bqgt/Osim Noro Harmony.pdf
The iMedic 200 seems to be good with full reclining. Am unable to copy its details. Rs 1,10,000. MRP 1,44,000.

I am able to open the OSIM site, but only the Chinese subdomain. There is no way to access the international/Indian version, even if I type the address manually in the address bar, I get redirected to the Chinese site.

Chinese internet is heavily restricted. No facebook, no youtube here. Dropbox says "Nothing Here
The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved." Possibly I don't have permission to access the files.

Does iMedic have massage function? Or is it just a recliner?

I got a couple of recliners from Godrej showroom a few years ago costing around 25k each. They are okay and more than enough to sit and listen to music or watch movies for a few hours. No fancy massage stuff in there but these can recline and make you comfortable and stretch your legs. Lazboy was also available but cost more than double.
I am not sure whether they still make or market them.

Good luck.
murali

I could open Osim website. They are quite expensive. Some more than a small car! :eek:

I would prefer to buy recliner for around 25 to 50k and then get a foot massager separately for 15k or so. Whenever you need, you can put it before the recliner. I also wouldn't want my legs to be stuck in those pockets all the time or my mom insisting for my sweet spot to get a massage! ;)

EDIT: And that's what I planning to do.. Got this recliner already and looking for a foot massager now.

You know how much I paid?
2013-01-27114242b_zpsd8a51624.jpg

10k only! But quality is good. Looks better than in the pic.

Last edited:
Ranjeet, Rock'n'Chairs is a company based out of Delhi I think who make their own recliners and also stock the world famous La-z-boy recliners

Rockn Chair

I once spoke to them over phone while my HT setup was in progress 2 yrs back but dropped the idea due to budget

@Santy, that's a great deal you got for 10k. I'm sure such a deal will be hard to come by now. Do you rememberwhere did you get it and if they still sell this stuff?

@Naturelover, thanks for your help mate. For some wierd reason, I still can't open your files. Though the previous error is gone.

Thanks KGr99, Saikat for the pointers. I'll check with them.

ranjeet

I bought from Hypercity in Navi Mumbai. Last week when I checked, it was still available, I think @ 10% more. But I guess this store is not available in Delhi.

Hi
I and another FM got my Elmwood recliner from fabfurnish.
Call them and ask for minimum 15 percent discount coupon .
Their recliners are very good and comfortable
Regards
Arun

My advice before buying a recliners would be to buy those that have
1. More maintainable upholstery to allow easy cleaning / changing in case of those becoming dusty in Indian climate or if we spill anything accidentally
2. More durable mechanism with possible long term service contract or warranty since that is a very important component of a recliner in case those mechanisms rust or need to be replaced in future.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back