Recoiling / Reconing in New Delhi???

shaklebolt

Hi Guys

Need some help here, I need to recoil my Mirage Speakers. Any suggestions where I could get them done in Delhi.

I burnt a couple of drivers in my Mirage Uni-Theater and just opened them up to see the coils burnt. They just need recoiling and they'll be good (Atleast i hope so!)

Delhi people, help!!!

Somebody interested in DIY in Delhi, please let me know, I have some questions regarding reconing!

Dilli waalon, please help me here!

My system is down and it's like my heart is beating a tad slower because there's no music and movies!

Koi recoiling walla bata do naa!!!

Dilli waalon, please help me here!

My system is down and it's like my heart is beating a tad slower because there's no music and movies!

Koi recoiling walla bata do naa!!!

What do you think?What have I posted?pls read links & contact them.

Yaar there was only one person I found on those links in Delhi who recones, and he said he cannot recone a mirage. Just go to the link and see for yourself, the first one has only 1 delhi guy. The second link is the contact info of the same guy!!!

Please contact Delta Transformers. They do a good job.

Delta Transformers Pvt. Ltd.
5/4, Kirti Nagar Industrial Area,
New Delhi-110015.
Phone: 41425616, 41425617.
Fax: 41025375.
E-mail: [email protected]

Their web site - www.deltatransformer.com - gives me a Malware warning, so visit the site carefully. If they show some nakraa, please call Viren Bakshi of Lyrita and he will help you get the job done.

Cheers

Hi,

How did you burn out the coils?

You will be better off contacting Mirage and getting replacement drivers from them.

Recone/recoil done with other than original parts will alter the speaker specs.The speakers will work but the sound will be different.

However some may prefer the sound of the reconed/recoiled speaker.

Regards
Rajiv

I'm curious to know if this was a shot in the dark, or you have been in this situation - or know someone who has?

Hi,

I can't speak for modern drivers but I know a person who has had his Tannoy HPD385 driver reconed with the Monitor Gold cone and is very happy.The MG cone has a treated paper surround and is lighter than the HPD cone.The HPD has a foam surround and a slightly heavier cone.

I for one prefer the sound of the Radian aluminum Diaphragm to the original JBL TI Diaphragm used in the JBL 2445 compression driver.

Regards
Rajiv

Please contact Delta Transformers. They do a good job.

Delta Transformers Pvt. Ltd.
5/4, Kirti Nagar Industrial Area,
New Delhi-110015.
Phone: 41425616, 41425617.
Fax: 41025375.
E-mail: [email protected]

Their web site - www.deltatransformer.com - gives me a Malware warning, so visit the site carefully. If they show some nakraa, please call Viren Bakshi of Lyrita and he will help you get the job done.

Cheers
Actually, Delta do NOT do speakercoils/cones-their prod line is transformers only.
Shakle, the best course would be, as per Rajiv's advice ,to arrange for original coil/cones.Mirages are pretty good speakers & it wld be better to try to preserve the original balance of sound.
However, if for any reason that is just not feasible, then the other alternative would be to take the drivers to Lajpat Rai market & lookaround( unfortunately,it is not poss to make a specific recommendation; I checked this up with Viren also)-there are a number of driver manufactureres locared there.Most prob only the voice coil wld be burnt with no damage to anything else.If that is indeed so, then request the guy you choose to do the job, to match the gauge/turns of the original voice coil & use the original v.coil former/spider/surround/cone as far as poss.
But, let this be the last resort-do make all efforts to get originals first.
Best of luck.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back