Recommend 40-42" LCD

hemang

I am looking for a 40 or 42" LCD TV. The viewing distance in my hall is 10 feet. I have looked at several LG/Samsung/Sony models but unable to decide.
Can you please recommend based on following criteria :
1) Budget max. 55K
2) Good sound quality
3) Able to play movies from USB. I would prefer if it can play different formats, I think Sony only does Mpeg1 and Mpeg2. I have number of movies in avi format and my digital camera movies are MP4.
3) Ability to connect my laptop using HDMI cable
4) A good sound quality. This is difficult to judge in a showroom so I hope some users can share their experience

Are LCD TV's viewable from the sides or one has to be more straight on?
What is a good place to buy in Mumbai. I went to Croma only as yet and they didn't seem to have Panasonic or Toshiba. How are these models?

Hope to get good advice from this forum.

1:) did u gave a thought bout plasma ?
2:) for sound LG LH60yr (best of the best) 2 subs in the lcd /200hz/
3:) sammy 5 and 6 series said to play most of the formats.
4:) any lcd or plasma can be connected by hdmi

lcds are viewable to 170deg but the colour levels reduce beyond 30degree on either side and no wehere compared to plasma.

pana new models are out on their website..

however ur can also look for the new plasma series frm lg
plays more formats, good sound, lan port,full hd and amazing vfm.

Guys,

I am looking for a 40 " FULL HD LCD TV. It should play my blue ray rips from the USB. I currently have a normal airtel tv and plan to go for a HD connection.

I will go for a Home Theatre in december.

I am looking at these two models.

SAMSUNG LA40C630 @ Rs 64990. Free BIG TV HD with recorder.
SONY 40EX500 @ Rs 68900.Free BIG TV HD with recorder.

What is 24FPS feature ? It is there in SONY but not on the samsung one.

How important is 100Hz ? Samsung 5 series is 50Hz and 6 series is 100HZ

I am not interested in PLASMA. I want a a plug and play solution.

Please tell me if this a good deal. Prices are from CROMA PUNE. I am interested in CROMA as they are offering 2 yrs extended warranty on all LCD TV's @ Rs 1800.

Please advice me.

Last edited:
Sony can not play those rips. If you want sony go for grey market buy save some money and buy a media player.

Or else go for Samsung or LG ... LG 42 LD460 can be had for 48k....

@ 65k you can also look for LG -LED LH 90... (2009) model

Kittu

Ok then I will stick with SAMSUNG.How important is 100Hz ? Samsung 5 series is 50Hz and 6 series is 100HZ. ?

I have not heard good things about LG. So LG is out of my list.

I recommend to look at LD640 before you making final decision. Probably you may need to spend additional 5 to 8K on your current budget. But it gives you 200Hz TrueMotion, 2ms response time, better dynamic contrast ration and Internet connectivity. And 2" more size compared to other brands I think makes another good reason to go for this TV.

I have seen this TV demo at eZone, the PQ is really good with good contrast. Their display price was 70K, and quoted 65K as their final price. BestLCDDeals from hyderabad delivered to Bangalore quoted 63K, he might come down to 60K.

Well if one wants media playback via usb and good overall performance stick with samsung.
If one wants performance and low price Sony via GREY market.

Well 100hz can make a difference whether its worth the extra is subjective,IMO yes its worth with.
If going with samsung make sure you try and get a tv with a SPVA panel,Since the other panels have about half the contrast that includes even AMVA panels.
If one doesn't want the panel lottery stick with Sony you are guaranteed to get a SPVA panel.

Guys,

I am looking for a 40 " FULL HD LCD TV. It should play my blue ray rips from the USB. I currently have a normal airtel tv and plan to go for a HD connection.

I will go for a Home Theatre in december.

I am looking at these two models.

SAMSUNG LA40C630 @ Rs 64990. Free BIG TV HD with recorder.
SONY 40EX500 @ Rs 68900.Free BIG TV HD with recorder.

What is 24FPS feature ? It is there in SONY but not on the samsung one.

How important is 100Hz ? Samsung 5 series is 50Hz and 6 series is 100HZ

I am not interested in PLASMA. I want a a plug and play solution.

Please tell me if this a good deal. Prices are from CROMA PUNE. I am interested in CROMA as they are offering 2 yrs extended warranty on all LCD TV's @ Rs 1800.

Please advice me.
Hi Pulsar_Swift,
You may even think of Samsung 6-series LCDs (LA40C630K1R) with this budget and as per expectation. It may prove more than you want. Samsung offers good quality boxes and is my personal experience (with 40" series-6 LED).
Well, 100Hz is important. It relates to the visual signal processing capacity and is useful when you are viewing fast moving objects specially in Hollywood action movies for jitter free visuals and better image clarity with colour seapration. Also with 4 HDMI offers you easy switching among all your HD media components (if you are not using AVR) e.g. DVD/BD Player, DTH unit & etc. (You may even add components and use your 2D screen for 3D viewing in future with 100Hz or more)

Most important among all features is the colour processing ability which my personal openion is that, SONY and Samsung are amazing at. Just visit the shop again and ask the him to run video with dark colours or scenes with darkness and observe what shades of "black" colour you can have?? (Interesting right) This is very basic but important check for any screen.

Hope these solve your queries.

I am skeptical about LG. LG 42LD650 and Samsung LA40C630 or LA40C650. Please suggest
Respective prices for these models.

Hi Pulsar_Swift,
You may even think of Samsung 6-series LCDs (LA40C630K1R) with this budget and as per expectation. It may prove more than you want. Samsung offers good quality boxes and is my personal experience (with 40" series-6 LED).

what would be the street of LA40C630 and LA40C650 ? I think i should go for 650 as it hs ultra clear panel.

Go for LA40C630.. you can save some money over the 650 as there is not a big difference in quality... except for the tech on Internet widgets in 650.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back