Recommend a Power Amplifier

rajivaryan1984

Hi,

Since there are so many brands and models available, I am actually confused in selecting the right Power amp for my current setup. I would like to use the FR / FL and Center and the Surrounds using the Power Amp. Hope the Sub will be powered by the AVR. Here are the details of my current setup --

AVR - Marantz SR7013
ELAC DEBUT 2.0 F6.2 ( Front)
ELAC DEBUT 2.0 B6.2 (Surround)
ELAC DEBUT 2.0 C6.2 (Center)
Rythmik Audio F15HP (Sub)
ELAC IC-D61-W ( Atmos - 2 Pair)

Can you please suggest a good brand and model which is ideal for both Movies and Music ? Budget will be 1.5 Lakhs...

If u really like and settled with marantz sound then go for marantz power amplifier and its fit ur budget easily.

Sonodyne has 5 ch power amps, check out those. Or you can get a 3 ch amp with >150 watts per ch for LCR (that does most of the work) and run the rest of your speakers with your already powerful receiver. The subwoofer will have its own amplification and will not draw power from 7013.

Emotiva's purpose built 3 channel amp is precisely what you need, do some research on different models they have to offer and decide.

Hi,

Since there are so many brands and models available, I am actually confused in selecting the right Power amp for my current setup. I would like to use the FR / FL and Center and the Surrounds using the Power Amp. Hope the Sub will be powered by the AVR. Here are the details of my current setup --

AVR - Marantz SR7013

Can you please suggest a good brand and model which is ideal for both Movies and Music ? Budget will be 1.5 Lakhs...
Subwoofer just needs the signal from the AVR. Use the sub out.
And yeah.. emotiva is a good option.
With that budget.. don't look for marantz amps.

Hi,

AVR - Marantz SR7013

May I know what's ur normal hearing volume ( either in scale of 0 to 98 or - db level) and ur listening distance.This ELAC speakers are power hungry. A power amp may add value .
Check for Emotiva power amps which is a VFM product.

Hi,

AVR - Marantz SR7013

Consider Parasound NC series (if you can source from US)
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi Raghu, for your ELAC Debut 2.0 package, you would need a power amplifier that should have 125W per channel at least. As per the speakers' specifications, it would draw a lot of power from AVR.

If you're interested in brand new for your budget, you would get Emotiva XPA 5. Heard, Torvin is making custom 5 channel power amplifiers. Options are many in the market.

You shall skip Marantz MM7055 rather go for MM8077 which is a beast and has better configuration than the former.

Perhaps you would get good ones in Olx but you have to keep searching.

Last edited:
Hi Raghu, for your ELAC Debut 2.0 package, you would need a power amplifier that should have 125W per channel at least. As per the speakers' specifications, it would draw a lot of power from AVR.

If you're interested in brand new for your budget, you would get Emotiva XPA 5. Heard, Torvin is making custom 5 channel power amplifiers. Options are many in the market.

You shall skip Marantz MM7055 rather go for MM8077 which is a beast and has better configuration than the former.

Perhaps you would get good ones in Olx but you have to keep searching.
I'm set with my music system. It is the OP @rajivaryan1984 who needs a solution.
I was just suggesting an option.
Regards,
Raghu

Guys I get it and I am well aware that Elac needs power and thats why I have asked recommendations for Power amplifier not for speakers.

Guys I get it and I am well aware that Elac needs power and thats why I have asked recommendations for Power amplifier not for speakers.
Well the answer is yes.U have not answered my question,what is ur hearing volume level ,and seating distance .(Did u prefer listening at reference levels.?The power amps are very costly .What will your budget .Will u be using PA mainly for HT or for both HT and music. There are various brands available and still very costly .Please let me know the above information to guide u properly.

Recently, I have auditioned Emotiva A-300 as two channels power amplifier for my Marantz NR1608 and happy to mention that it's a good option. Within your budget you can go with Emotiva XPA line power amplifier. Recently one of the FM has put his Parasound power amplifier for sale in classified section. You may try Emotiva A-5175 or Outlaw model 500 if available in India. Both are five channels power amplifiers with great value for money product tag.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back