Recommend Integrated Amp for MA BX6

talespin

1. OBJECTIVE: Basically I am looking for Integrated Amp that should go with my existing Marantz SR6007 Receiver.
I am happy with SR6007 for movies(great for movies) but not for music, its doesn't have that kind of power, as you increase volume music doesn't sound soothing to ears. I like listening to music at high volume. I did audition these speakers and it sounded great at that moment and they were being driven with CD+AMP combo.

Please recommend Integrated AMP for MA BX6, source of music FLAC files on network. Also please suggest how can i arrange/setup so that i can play music from network location.

2. Budget = Around Rs. 40000/-

3. Room Size = 15 x 11 ft

4. Source (CD /DVD /Satellite /Other) = FLAC Network Location

5. Existing components to be integrated with new purchase = SR6007 and also will Integrated amp integrate with SR6007(please share any thread), do i need a DAC or SR6007 DAC will suffice. If DAC is required please suggest Integrated Amp with good DAC.

6. Can used AVR be considered (Y/N) = Yes, but it depends on location,

8. Other query-1 = Can signal amplification be cascaded between SR6007 and Integrated Amp?

Hi,

Did some digging, burnt my eyes so sharing with others who are looking for something similar. This is nothing new :D

Basically for a stereo setup you need source > Preamp > Power Amp > Speakers

We have all in one systems like AV Receivers, music systems. But we are talking of separates here.

We have integrated amps where Preamp and power amp are one unit.

- Source can be a CD player.
- DAC for digital music, it can be with source or preamp.
- Then we have preamp that prepares signal for amplification + it has tone controls.
- Then power amp which is then connected to speakers. Its one and only function is to amplify signal. The more current it offers the louder you can get at slight turn of knob, correct me if i am wrong.

In my case SR6007 can act as preamp(has DAC and tone controls) and has pre out which can be connected to Power amp. So first i am going to try this and if it doesn't satisfy my soul then ill try separate preamp.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back