Recommendation for 55" QLED or LED 4K TV with Android (for Kodi)

bsvinay

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 55inch QLED or regular LED 4k TV with high nits. Preferably with ARC or eARC for soundbar w/atmos.
The main criteria is to run Kodi, so I would require android tv. Prefer not to use Fire TV 4k stick, since I cant get 1GB ethernet connection to it.

I am looking at the following options:
1) Mi QLED 55" TV - Probably 350nits, not that great. But has HDMI 2.1 and eARC
2) Oneplus QLED 55" TV - Probably 400-450nits, but only the pro version is available so a little more expensive, no eARC, but has 3GB RAM.
3) Sony 55" A8H - 3 times the price of the Mi QLED, but has very good nits.

Any other alternatives and what do you guys recommend.

Regards,
Vinay

Why do you need a 1Gbps Ethernet connection for AV equipment? Gbps Ethernet is meant for Core Switching NW in a Corporate NW/DataCenter. All the Streaming services limits the BW to 10 Mbps for their 4K services (BueRay over NW (Plex) is limited to around 80 Mpbs). So, you don't have a 'Use Case' for a Gbps NW in AV equipment.

You are right, I was under the impression that I needed 1Gb ethernet because of 4K content was stuttering on my wifi connection. Just noticed that most TVs and Firestick 4K has only 100Mbps ethernet port.

Now that being the case, I can always use a Firestick for Kodi. This changes everything, I can probably look at good LG Oled tv if the price works out.

Sony A8H is the best out of all but I would recommend you to go with LG CX it's not very bright(800nits) but due to it being an OLED display which have almost infinite contrast it doesn't need to hit 1000-1400 nit but you shouldn't consider an OLED if you'll be placing your TV in a very Bright room

Also the LG CX have both HDMI 2.1 and eARC it also has VRR and ALLM which is not implemented perfectly but the best out the current tv manufacturers, moreover you can get a cheap 4k firestick(there is currently no android tv device with 1GBPS apart from shield tv)for your Kodi needs although Plex has a decent app on WebOs

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back