Recommendation for 65 inch television

Given that both 65 inch Frame and 75 inch Mi retail around 1.2L, should I also look at a 55 inch LG BX as well. While I am inclined towards a large screen , the PQ of an OLED is also something which is putting me in this dilemma.

Also any idea whether Reliance Digital does exchange of old TVs
The app doesn't seem to do exchanges. The store does usually, so if stores are open on your area, just call them and check.

Given that both 65 inch Frame and 75 inch Mi retail around 1.2L, should I also look at a 55 inch LG BX as well. While I am inclined towards a large screen , the PQ of an OLED is also something which is putting me in this dilemma.

Just wait for good offer at Flipkart. Mi 75 inch was 1.07L yesterday

When my 51 inch Samsung plasma died after 7 years, I asked for repair from company. They didn't have parts. So they bought back the TV and gave me Rs. 8500. I hope you didn't throw away your dead TV.
Ohh - that is good to know - how did you manage to get that? My TV is still with me - will be glad if I can salvage it back for some money.

Ohh - that is good to know - how did you manage to get that? My TV is still with me - will be glad if I can salvage it back for some money.
Only thing is that they asked for the bill. Which, to my surprise was lying in some file after so many years.

Would be keen to hear forum members opinion on the first part : Choice between Frame Vs Mi Vs LG BX

People asking 55 vs 65 vs 75 should first write the distance to the TV. If it is 6-7 feet distance then get the 55 inch LG OLED, ,if the distance is large 9-15 feet then get the 75 inch TV.

Thank you for your suggestions @Redflag and @Lizard King - I will call their helpline - to my surprise - I found the original bill too :cool:
Let us know what happens.
Distance is already mentioned in the original post
I know the distance is mentioned but it's you who have to decide what size you want to go for as everyone has his/her own preferences. The facts have already been laid out in front of you in the first page.

Last edited:
Awesome, 1.77 after no cost EMI even though no exchange offer is there on old tv. Even Amazon after exchange and no cost EMI for 65BX is coming to 1.87. The temptation is strong. Only worried about the panel brightness as if will be in a moderately bright living room.
Brightness is overrated. Once you go black, you will not go back to grey.

Updating and concluding this thread : Have bought the Mi TV Q1 75 inch tv. Thanks all for your suggestion
I think it doesn't end here. Your experience with the TV and a review your way, still due. ;)

I think it doesn't end here. Your experience with the TV and a review your way, still due. ;)

Here's a quick summary of what I feel after using the TV for 3 weeks

- Absolute value for money. You can't get any better PQ neither the screen size at this price.

- Delivery was quick , installation was even faster. So far , Mi support has been quick to respond to queries.

- Build quality is good. No creaking or uneven gaps . Bezels are narrow. Looks are nothing to complain of. The stand is made of steel and is sturdy and wide.

- The TV is heavy and huge. Make sure you have the required space and atleast 8-10 feet viewing distance. In case of table top , check the dimension of the table before ordering.

- Feed the right content and the TV shines. HD and UHD content look immersive . HDR and Dolby vision looks stunning. SDR looks washed out at times with blown out highlights but that can be corrected by changing picture settings. Out of the box , movie mode is the best and works for most content. SD content looks terrible. Donot even try to watch. Will give you headache. MEMC needs improvement. I prefer turning it off even for sports and fast action. Colors are fairly accurate and can be customised basis ones liking. HD content from DTH and HD and UHD from OTT perform very well. The TV is extremely bright. I usually reduce brightness and backlight when viewing at night.

- UI is laggy and buggy. Hope things improve with sw update. Comes with Android 10 out of the box with Mi patchwall on top of it. While patchwall is good , the slow nature of the UI spoils the experience. Have experienced a few random crashes with apps.

- Sound is ok but better to use a HT setup or soundbar for that cinematic audio video experience.

- Dual band wifi works well . Haven't seen drop in signal strength at any point of time

Overall I am extremely pleased with the PQ of this TV (which mattered to me the most). I am not into gaming and hence won't be able to comment on its gaming prowess . If you are in the market for a large size QLED , the Mi Q1 is sheer bang for buck !

Thanks for the elaborated explanation. Best thing is you are happy with the PQ and even further twerking option is also available in the TV. That makes the TV a 'no brainer' in 'large screen in budget' category.

Another query : How is the performance through external sources like HDD(usb) or Blu-Ray/DVD(HDMI)...did you try that ? Is there any significant difference in overall performance, if someone opted to go with external devices?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back