Recommendation for a good CD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid.rhythm

Hi folks,

I wanted to buy a CD player with a decent DAC . I am confused , since there are many brands out there. I have a Denon dra-800h amp . Based on my search I could see 2 models Denon-600ne and 800ne CD players , that could match my chain .

Could anyone let me know the difference in sound quality between these two , or even suggest any other CD player with a good DAC that could fit my chain . I have warm BS speakers .

Thanks !

Which amp is it going to be used with for the warm BS speakers ?

I don't know if its worth pursuing a CD player when its going to be paired with an 800h. You do know your receiver has an in built dac? The two Denon CD players you listed are unlikely to surpass the quality of the dac in your receiver. For all you know, the 800ne might be using the same dac.

If you have a large cd collection, it does make sense going down the path of a cd player. If not, just stay with digital audio files.

Even if you go down the road with a superior cd player, you might just end up limiting its performance due to what the 800h can do.

If you must buy a disc spinner, I'd get the cheaper of those two Denon's you listed and use the receiver's dac section.

I don't know if its worth pursuing a CD player when its going to be paired with an 800h. You do know your receiver has an in built dac? The two Denon CD players you listed are unlikely to surpass the quality of the dac in your receiver. For all you know, the 800ne might be using the same dac.

If you have a large cd collection, it does make sense going down the path of a cd player. If not, just stay with digital audio files.

Even if you go down the road with a superior cd player, you might just end up limiting its performance due to what the 800h can do.

If you must buy a disc spinner, I'd get the cheaper of those two Denon's you listed and use the receiver's dac section.
thanks a lot for ur suggestion . Makes perfect sense

Hi folks,

I wanted to buy a CD player with a decent DAC . I am confused , since there are many brands out there. I have a Denon dra-800h amp . Based on my search I could see 2 models Denon-600ne and 800ne CD players , that could match my chain .

Could anyone let me know the difference in sound quality between these two , or even suggest any other CD player with a good DAC that could fit my chain . I have warm BS speakers .

Thanks !
Hi sir still you searching for CD player???

Best to update the thread if the requirement has been met or no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back