Recommendation on 2 RCA to 2 RCA Interconnects

saketb

Of late I've been using my Panasonic Blu-ray player's analogue audio connections for Audio CD playback thru my Denon AVR and found that they infact sound better in comparison to HDMI connected to my Denon AVR. After a little searching on Google, I discovered that the DAC present in the Blu-ray player is 32BIT and it upscales the audio stream to higher bitrate thus more openness and clarity in audio. Or maybe something else, but it just sounds much better compared to the Denon AVR in HDMI mode.

Now, I'm using a basic bundled red and white RCA Interconnects that come with many devices for connecting the player with the AVR. I would like to know that if I replace the RCA cables to something better would it make the sound more better or will it remain the same. Is it worth spending on better RCA cables, if so then I would like to have some suggestions.

Any help on this would be great and much appreciated.

saketb, you can try 1 metre QED 'Profile audio' series of stereo interconnect cable. It's best and affordable (approx: Rs2000/). It's an award winning cable. You can buy from amazon.
Cheers,
sunder.

A better IC is always good but don't go overboard with it. A pair for <1000 INR which has good VFM factor is enough for now. Bandridge is nice, I think.

On the other hand, you could invest in a bit higher end IC if you want to setup a dedicated stereo anytime soon. The likes of VDH d102 MkIII or AudioQuest.

Quality of the ic is decided by the built up and the material used inside with good R&D. When you go for a good pre power combo it is very very essential proper earthing soldering insulation also matter. kimber NORDOST qed are really good built up. Trial will make you access the system matching in your environment. In a normal set up moderate ic is just enough

Thanks a lot, everyone for sharing your suggestions and helping me out with different brands. I looked at all the brands you all have mentioned, and read about them at their respective websites. Well, all of them have some or the other advantages and vary in pricing. The most expensive ones being cables from Transparent Audio and the least being the QED Profile series. I personally liked the QED profile series on two factors... One being the price and the other being the reviews I read about it and the awards it has won.

So, as of now the QED Profile series have been shortlisted.

Now another question, regarding optical cables...
Does using optical cable between a CD Player and an AVR give better sound output compared to analogue or analogue is better?

saketb,
Regarding your last question, sound quality depends on the DAC. Usually stand alone CD players have a better DAC than most AVRs. So generally speaking an analogue connection between the CD player and AVR should sound better. However if you have a very high end AVR and a low quality DVD/bluray player is used as source, then an optical connection which would use the AVrs DAC would sound better.

So, as of now the QED Profile series have been shortlisted.

Sensible choice for the current setup. What is the price for a pair of QED IC?

Now another question, regarding optical cables...
Does using optical cable between a CD Player and an AVR give better sound output compared to analogue or analogue is better?

It will be almost similar to the HDMI connection. Using the BDP as transport and DAC of the AVR. Now, it may sound a bit (wee bit, really) different considering the implementation of HDMI to DAC chip input (I2S?) and optical to DAC chip input.

Last edited:
saketb,
Regarding your last question, sound quality depends on the DAC. Usually stand alone CD players have a better DAC than most AVRs. So generally speaking an analogue connection between the CD player and AVR should sound better. However if you have a very high end AVR and a low quality DVD/bluray player is used as source, then an optical connection which would use the AVrs DAC would sound better.

I guess that is the reason my Blu-ray player DAC is better than that of the Denon and that is why the analogue connection is sounding better compared to HDMI.

Sensible choice for the current setup. What is the price for a pair of QED IC?

It will be almost similar to the HDMI connection. Using the BDP as transport and DAC of the AVR. Now, it may sound a bit (wee bit, really) different considering the implementation of HDMI to DAC chip input (I2S?) and optical to DAC chip input.

Well, I checked the ebay.in site of Barbet Retail and the price quoted for QED Profile series is Rs. 2800 for 1 meter.

Shall try with an optical cable and see if any difference arises. I have a regular optical cable, again a cheap one, so not sure if I will get the best results.

saketb,
Your Panasonic BDP 220 has quite a good DAC. In fact some reviews have praised its CD playback ability as very good.

Now that explains everything.

Another thing I wanted to know, if replacing subwoofer cable makes any difference in the quality of the shaker. Presently, I have the cable which was given by ProFX, well it looks decent, but wanted to check with you.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back