Recommendations for a classical music fan...?

beginningafresh

Hi all,
I've spent a considerable part of the past week just poring through the forums here...and, yeah sure, there have been some threads that approximate my requirements.
But, I'm read through so much that it's left me struggling for clarity...So, here's hoping that spelling out my exact needs will help me with some perspective...apart from the advise from you guys, of course...
I listen to classical music almost exclusively these days, with a smidgen of jazz and blues, while occasionally revisiting classic rock (who doesn't?!). But, yeah, classical music (a lot of classical/flamenco guitar) is where I get the chills...
Anyways, I guess what I'm looking for is a 2.1 (any advise on that?) set up at a (embarrasingly measly, I know!) budget of 20-25 grand, primarily for my music, that I can also hook up to my telly (fed by Tata Sky DTH) because the speakers on the Samsung LA32C530 are...well, what they are.
My room's about 12x18, and I play my music (most of 'em are shamelessly pirated mp3s) off my portable HDD. I am undecided about acquiring a blu-ray player; I'm not sure if I need one right now. You see, I'm not too crazy about movies, and all I watch (apart from live sports) are discs of concerts off a DVD player.
So, what should I buy? I'd be glad if it's upgradable, and can accommodate the future addition of a blu-ray player.
Thanks...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back