Recommendations for a turn table under 30K in India

john_k_antony

Dear All,

I am looking to buy a turn table in Bangalore. My budget is 30K max. I will use the turn table with a stereo integrated amp.

Any recommendations and place where I can audition them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much
John.

There is a denon tt around 25k try it out should be available with prithivi of absolute phase in bangalore or try pro fx. You can also try out the project debut 3 around the same price available with sushil of nova audio mumbai, there may be some project dealers in bangalore.

Last edited:
I think the Rega RP1 and the Pro-ject Debut III will fall in this price range. I think perhaps in the low to mid twenties. The Rega RP1 with the Performance Pack could be just under 30K (not 100% sure of this).

If you wait for about a month, you might get some good options from Rega at somewhat competitive rates in India.

^^ Uh, I don't know this for a fact as yet, but I think the information I got about this is pretty dependable.

Rega was in India earlier, but the representatives here were not really interested in selling Rega kit.

I would be also looking into this thread. I just resurrected my long pending hobby of turntables. I would be buying one starter turntable and based on experience of many fellow members here I feel Rega or Pro-ject would be best for starter.

I am newbie in this and still researching a lot and trying to learn the intricacies of owning TTs.

Based on the feedback and reviews on the net, following TTs are worth considering for my budget of 30K

1. Pro-Ject
2. Rega
3. Thorens

The entry level model of all the above TTs are in the range of 30-35K. But I don't want to just buy them without an audition. Unfortunately no dealer in Bangalore offer an audition for TTs yet :(.

I also came across a TT from Sharewood that is around 11.5K. I don't know how good Sharewood is.

-John.

which one of these come with a free dust cover? I am also looking to replace my technics TT and go for something brand new and very good looking.

Do you know where I can get Pro-Ject in

Mr Sushil Anand, Nova Audio, Mahim, Mumbai 9820284641.

PS: what are you doing for phono stage? Do you have an integrated amp with phono preamp built in, or do you plan on buying a separate phono pre?

I found following TTs on amazon.de

Music Hall mmf 2.2 turntable - INR 35K
Rega RP1 - INR 30K
Pro-Ject Debut III - INR 22K

What do you guys think?

Mr Sushil Anand, Nova Audio, Mahim, Mumbai 9820284641.

PS: what are you doing for phono stage? Do you have an integrated amp with phono preamp built in, or do you plan on buying a separate phono pre?

I am planning to get an integrated amp with phono stage. I am looking at Marantz KI Pearl Lite/Roksan Kandy K2/Cambridge Audio 851.

>>>
What do you mean automatic or manual in a turn table?

I think in automatic, the tone arm moves automatically based on the record size. You just set the record size and power on the TT. The tone arm will move automatically and starts playing from the first track.

In manual, you need to place the tone arm yourself.

-John.

Hmmm. So automatic is what used to be termed as a radiogram in the sixties/ seventies. It doesn't influence sound quality in any way. I will look for inherent qualities - such as the drive type, bearing, pick up arm, cartridge and stylus ( if I have to be finicky!) to select a turntable. Else I will experience the sound quality and try to understand the overall set up ( apart from the TT, the phono, the line preamp, the amp , the speakers and the cables/interconnects and possibly the rack and room characteristics at most, to do so.

I think the I was wrong in describing automatic TT. I think I was explaining semi-automatic. The fully automatic will allow you to play multiple records one after the other and TT will stack records on top of one another as the records finishes playback.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back