• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Recommendations for AVR+Speakers under Rs.1 Lakh.

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

soodp

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for purchasing an AVR and speakers.
My budget is Rs.100000/- for AVR and speakers.
I am buying a Samsung LED TV 32" separately.
I have an old LG DVD 259 player.
The equipment will be installed in the Living Room as I do not have separate room for setup.

On my own, I have zeroed in on DENON 1910 for AVR. The internet price is mentioned at Rs.45000/-. That leaves Rs.55000/- for speakers. I have zeroed in on KEF iQ30 which is listed at Rs.31000/pair. I can postpone buying of the remaining speakers to a later date (within a year).

I will primarily use the setup for playing DVD movies.

Please review my choices for the setup and I am also open for changes in the selection of equipment.

Regards,

Pawan Sood
Ahmedabad.

unleash_me

Welcome Pawan!

I like the Q series. Nice mellow sound. But since this is for HT, why not get the iQ50. It never hurts to have a decent pair of towers for front channels. Others you can consider are Diamond 9.5 and BR5. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Raghav

Two others have opened a similar thread (AVR + Speakers = 100k).

Please go through them as they will give you options.

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...it-budget-avr-speakers-sub-please-advise.html

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/5963-hometheatre.html#post73117

Denon 1910 is an allrounder for music and video. You should be able to get it for 40k (10% off MRP). You can also check out Marantz 6003 available for 42k.

Raghav

Hi all,

The equipment will be installed in the Living Room as I do not have separate room for setup.

On my own, I have zeroed in on DENON 1910 for AVR. The internet price is mentioned at Rs.45000/-. That leaves Rs.55000/- for speakers. I have zeroed in on KEF iQ30 which is listed at Rs.31000/pair. I can postpone buying of the remaining speakers to a later date (within a year).

Please review my choices for the setup and I am also open for changes in the selection of equipment.

Regards,

Pawan Sood
Ahmedabad.

TechHead

I'd look at the KEF KHT2005.2 set as well. I picked up the 1909+KEF from ProFX in February for 99k.

mridulgoel

Banned
Hi all,

Regards,

Pawan Sood
Ahmedabad.

Hey Pawan

Denon - 1910 is somehow a hot selling product, and is seriously worth...

In for speakers, i can recommend you the Q Acoustics speaker package, in total the complete 5.1 Package costs Rs.58000...

After Discount, including cables, etc, you can get Denon1910 + Q Acoustics 5.1 + Cables(50mtrs) = Rs.98,750

ashishkesarwani

Hey Pawan

Denon - 1910 is somehow a hot selling product, and is seriously worth...

In for speakers, i can recommend you the Q Acoustics speaker package, in total the complete 5.1 Package costs Rs.58000...

After Discount, including cables, etc, you can get Denon1910 + Q Acoustics 5.1 + Cables(50mtrs) = Rs.98,750

Correction: Price for Denon 1910 after discount and with Bill and Indian Warranty RS.36.5K for Q Acostics Package discounted Price Rs. 45K. Cable 50 meters DAC 12 AWG 5K. Total:86.5k

ashishkesarwani

Hi Where can I get Denon 1910 at 36.5K, Can you please let us know the store name?

Here in delhi its avaliable for this price after discount. Get in touch with M/s Trinity Sound and Vision at 09810610306 / 9818355422.

Last edited:

sandeepmohan

I recommend a Onkyo TX-SR606. Very good specifications not just on power but on features as well. I have listenend to this receiver paired with Polk Audio & its a good match.

You can buy this receiver & walk into Pro Fx and try it with the Polk Rti or Tsi Series. One of series should suit your taste.

I won't buy a Polk Sub & you can do much better with a Sonodyne/Wharfedale Sub Woofer.

ashishkesarwani

Ashish, thanks for your PM, I've replied to it. Maybe you would like to post a clarification with the exact position (no names need be revealed)? thanks for clearing things up :)

I have posted the contact details of the dealer after taking his consent.

pm123

i'm from kolkata and i have got a quote for denon1910 + Q acoustics 1010i package + pioneer dv-610 dvd player + cables + wall-mount brackets fro fronts/surrounds total for 105k. what is the opinion of all members regarding this pricing.

regards,

Piyush.

ashishkesarwani

i'm from kolkata and i have got a quote for denon1910 + Q acoustics 1010i package + pioneer dv-610 dvd player + cables + wall-mount brackets fro fronts/surrounds total for 105k. what is the opinion of all members regarding this pricing.

regards,

Piyush.
You could save another 10k here, as the break up seems to be like:
Denon 1910 around 36.5K
Q Acostics Package: 45K
Pioneer Dvd : 6 K
Cables Max: 5 K
Bracket Max: 2K

soodp

Hi all.
I have settled for Denon AVR-1910 and a pair of KEF iQ50.
Discounts @10% off MRP offered by ProFX dealer in Ahmedabad.
I did audition Wharfedale 9.6 and the quote I got was Rs.41000/pair.
I was inclined for the KHT2005.3 but budget was not permitting :sad:
Thanks to all who responded.

-Pawan

soodp

Pawan, how the KEf IQ5? Did you hear the other series too - IQ 7 & 9.

What did you find good in them? Vocal clarity? Bass..?

The dealer in Ahmedabad had iQ90 which I auditioned with stereo music output with DENON and also BD movies played through Sony Playstation and projector in Surround Sound. Liked the vocal clarity. For iQ50 I have gone with the reviews on net.