Recommended Satellite speakers

rsriramtce

Hi
Using anthem 520 amp.
Any recommendations on high quality satellite speakers.
Is anthem an overkill for satellite speakers ??

or should I go for bookshelf. My concern is having little space on bed room

Do you need them for stereo or you are adding additional channels to your surround? If it is the latter, check the DLS mini or something. They are brilliant for the size, I added them to my rear channels removing the Wharfedales DFS & the 9.1s and they are incredible for the size. I am not an audiophile, but I can't fault them.

For stereo u cant expect satellite speakers ro perform well . They can do the job for movies but for stereo its better to go for bookshelves / floor standing speakers

I would suggest to have at look at Orb Audio speakers for your purpose, I have been using these from few months and they are nothing less than amazing. They are super small but solid, full range speakers and cab be joined in multiple mods.
For example, I use 2 in series (as per Mod 2 instructions) for each surround channel to cover more horizontal space on each wall and results are just amazing.
Check Internet for reviews and spects:

1613158796706.png

I would suggest to have at look at Orb Audio speakers for your purpose, I have been using these from few months and they are nothing less than amazing. They are super small but solid, full range speakers and cab be joined in multiple mods.
For example, I use 2 in series (as per Mod 2 instructions) for each surround channel to cover more horizontal space on each wall and results are just amazing.
Check Internet for reviews and spects:

View attachment 54637
Hello Guddu ,
How is your experience with Orb speakers ,I have a room of around 550 sft & want to use a 5.1 configuration ,will a set of 2 orbs for each placement will sound like normal room filling sound & also how does it sound in stereo mode?
Will be thankful to you for your experience

Hello Guddu ,
How is your experience with Orb speakers ,I have a room of around 550 sft & want to use a 5.1 configuration ,will a set of 2 orbs for each placement will sound like normal room filling sound & also how does it sound in stereo mode?
Will be thankful to you for your experience

My experience has been great with these. I actually heard these before buying, so wasn't a bling buy. I will try to keep it short below:
These are small, just 3 inch driver, but full range and overall construction or build quality is superb, isn't anything like other satellite speakers I've tried.
Sound is smooth, not harsh. 89db efficient and go quite loud without stress. Because of their size, these just disappear and blend in very well.
My right and left surrounds positions are approx. 6-7 feet far from central seat, I initially installed just 1 speaker each side replacing Polk OWM 3 which were too bright for me with my Marantz AVR (my impression is that Polk budget speakers are too bright in general, I have tried in few).
OWM 3 were bigger and better on paper but I just laughed after replacing with orb, I don't think those were close.
My fronts were floorstands (Paradigm Monitor 6000F), center is Dali Zensor Vokal and added Orb as surrounds => Kind of perfect setup for me, sometimes I even didn't played subwoofer with this setup.
I then bought another pair of it to use as surround back, my receiver isn't ATMOS and so tried surround back. Later I moved them with surround right & Left in Orb Mod 2 config, placing those on separate mounts about 1 feet apart:

1613283279424.png

This setup then over-powered my setup, that's when I actually realized just one speaker is more than enough for my setup.
Changed it back to one speaker surrounds, and another pair is just sitting in some box. May be will use for Atmos if I upgrade my receiver.
I would say that Orb isn't cheap for so small looking speakers, I think I got first pair for like 250$ during thanksgiving, but no regrets at all.
I am now itching to try Cambridge Audio Minx Mini 22, but Orb isn't giving me any reason to change.

I think the common issue with HT setup is that there isn't always enough juice in AVR to live with dynamics when all speakers are fired up, specially when speakers aren't highly efficient. Fronts pre-outs to separate power amp is a good idea to leave additional headroom for center and surrounds in large rooms.
Why don't you think of large speakers for front and center, and then small satellites for surrounds and back/ATMOS?

Mounts I use:

1613281808689.png

Attachments

• 1613282832563.png
    1613282832563.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
550sqft is a pretty big room size. I dont think small satellite speaker would be any good.
Agreed in general but there are other factors as well, and I feel these Orb are serious speakers for their size specially for surrounds.
There are some center speaker type satellites available with 2 mids and 1 high drivers which get pretty loud, one of such speaker I tried some time back:
1613285145401.png

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back