Record sleeve repair kits - a must for those split sleeves!

Fiftyfifty

This is a truly fantastic product which FM @rikhav was kind enough to let me have. It is an easy and inexpensive tool to stick the sides of torn, worn out and 'split at the seams' sleeves. Takes less than 3 minutes to fix and stays fixed!

I understand they are not yet in commercial production, but should be available soon. You can get in touch with @rikhav for details.

Best wishes
Binaca.jpg

how does this product work?
Well, the base material is similar to that of the LP sleeve. It is a strip sticky on one side and covered by a peel off layer. When you peel of the layer, the sticky surface is exposed and the LP sleeve can be stuck firmly from the inside. Nothing is visible from the outside of the LP. There are some international products like this that yo can google. Or PM Rikhav, he can maybe send you more pictures

Looks good. I use to do the same thing with 1" masking tape.
Yes, of course one can use masking tape. This strip works better because it is made of stiffish cardboard that keeps the edges more firm. Moreover, the strips are exactly the same size as the side of the sleeve.

This looks like a good idea/product. Earlier people (me :)) used to use tape and paper; it is nothing but sort of mini wrestling match between gum, paper and fingers. And tape and paper always wins. hee hee :p.
Regards.

A suggestion, why don't we have all the vinyl cover solutions like outer sleeves, inner sleeves, cover repair kits etc displayed on this thread? It would be easy for all us of to reference and perhaps, order. I think FM Rikav has worked out some great solutions.

A suggestion, why don't we have all the vinyl cover solutions like outer sleeves, inner sleeves, cover repair kits etc displayed on this thread? It would be easy for all us of to reference and perhaps, order. I think FM Rikav has worked out some great solutions.

Very good idea, reubensm. It will save us lot of troubles also in looking for these kind of solutions in the market for maintaining the vinyls. For me, in the past, I have sourced all my inner & outer sleeves & vinyl cleaning brushes from Amazon US. It will be great if we can get workable solutions here in India...

By the way I got few strips ( 4 nos as sample) from Rikhav alongwith a consignment of PVC sleeves. These are made up of card board material to match with that of paper sleeves. These are pretty easy to fix. Just peel off the glue cover and put it along the jacket edges on the inner-side and press it to fix. Length of the strip may be trimmed after fixing. It strengthens the edges to withstand friction of records while removing and replacing.
One suggestion to FM Rikhav that the width is enough to hold the jackets in good condition but split at the seam.
But in case of cover is split and also worn out, little wider strips will be useful. As in order to use the strips, one has to make good the jackets to its near original size so that it touches the strip edges.
Just a friendly suggestion from my side. Thanks.

FM Rikhav has done a brilliant job - both for sleeves and the sleeve repairing strips. The above video should be helpful.

I have recently purchased LP Plain Jacket Thick Board from Rikhav. Totally satisfied with the quality of the Jacket.

He has also kind enough to send me samples of LP and EP Inner and Outer Sleeves etc. All products seems to be well made as required by Vinyl Collectors.

Hats off to Rikhav for his efforts in bringing out such vinyl related products for us.

Regards,

Suresh Babu

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back