Records for Sale ( That time of year)

tek

Hello Everyone

Since I am running out of shelf space (!) for all my lovely new vinyls i've been picking up, I've decided to let go of a few ones. It was hard to choose, but here's the list.

All records are in VG+ - Excellent Shape. Some still have shrink wrap on. Most are foreign presses, but the Indian ones are marked with a * .

First come first serve. These are for pick up only. I live in Mumbai. Not going to mail any of these.

Thanks for looking! PM me if interested in anything.

- Tek

Edit: I've included the list as a txt file for convenience. (It's not the best formatted document in the world :) )

Last edited:
I have some more records I wanted to sell, and I put a post in the For Sale section a few days ago but it hasn't shown up. Another forum member informed me that we may not be allowed to sell our old records on the forum? I thought the issue was with digital media, just want to clarify if something new has come up.

Thanks!
Tek

Just got an infraction for this..
If vinyl is not allowed to be sold it should be stated CLEARLY in the rules. But here is the quote quite plainly. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Re: Classifieds (Buy/Sell) is back
The reason the sale of Digital Media was closed is because of complaints of pirated versions being sold.

Vinyl or analog LP's does not come under the preview of Digital Media. I hope this clarifies all your queries.

HiFiVision.com

How does one create a pirated vinyl record? I mean of course one can loot a godown, but not pirate in the sense of copying music onto a vinyl.

In the 60s and 70s, when record pressing plants were plentiful in the States, you could send down an audio tape and get a single LP pressed, or even a smallish number, say 100 to a 1000, for a nominal manufacturing fee. You could even send in a label design that they would print for you as well. A huge number of small time rock bands created their own records, in the absence of major label support. These are generally lumped under the title 'private pressings', and many have become quite collectable today because of their rarity. Certain small time plants would be without any scruples and would press 'bootleg' live LPs (taped in concert by fans - with poor audio quality) of well known bands, or even bootleg copies of popular records that were no longer in print. The most famous example is 'Introducing the Beatles' on the VeeJay label, that was released in 1963 for a short while before the contract switched to Capitol. Once the official version became collectable, there were tons of bootlegs printed for many years, which duplicated, for the most part, the cover art and the label design. In fact, there are more bootleg copies of that LP out there than originals.

Another famous title, which got widely circulated, was a Bob Dylan bootleg called 'The Great White Wonder' that came out in the late 60s. It contained many of the recordings made with The Band (in '67/68) that was later officially released in 1975 as 'The Basement Tapes'. The recordings were most likely smuggled out of the CBS vaults by an employee.

sounds like true piracy. I would try to find out if any of those piracy presses are still working. I will get some low bit rate mp3s pressed. They will sound heavenly on TT.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back