Red light flashing on marantz Av receiver

Akshit2111

I had connected my marantz av receiver yesterday. it was working fine with little low voice from my left speaker i thought there maybe some issue with my speaker wires.
After connecting the wires again today now i am facing this red light blinking issue. It switches on but after a few seconds the red light starts blinking vigorously. I am not able to gauge the issue can anyone help.

Attachments

• 20201107_103114.jpg
    20201107_103114.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 52
I had connected my marantz av receiver yesterday. it was working fine with little low voice from my left speaker i thought there maybe some issue with my speaker wires.
After connecting the wires again today now i am facing this red light blinking issue. It switches on but after a few seconds the red light starts blinking vigorously. I am not able to gauge the issue can anyone help.
how old is the unit? which model? give more information.

Is there any sound from speakers now or there is no output?

Is there any sound from speakers now or there is no output?
It doesnt switch on. I removed all the speaker cables also then also same issue. Switches on and then goes into this protection mode where blinks red and then again pressing the power button yellow light comes.

I had a Denon 1910 AVR, which used to behave exactly the same way. It was connected to a UPS. I unplugged the AVR from the UPS, and connected to the mains. The unit sprung back to life. The Denon was perhaps was not expecting an approximated sine wave from the UPS, activating the protection circuit.

From Photo, there looks dust issue.You can open unit , try blowing Air and clean dust if on PCB. Also try troubleshooting it-

Usually you can check info stored in AVR memory .Just check manual.

I had a Denon 1910 AVR, which used to behave exactly the same way. It was connected to a UPS. I unplugged the AVR from the UPS, and connected to the mains. The unit sprung back to life. The Denon was perhaps was not expecting an approximated sine wave from the UPS, activating the protection circuit.
I did multiple run-through to no avail. Ultimately had to take it to service centre. From his initial observation Power supply has gone kaput. Will wait till monday for final report.

I wanted to file in my experience with the SR6013 in flashing red light mode. The AVR, less than a year old, began overheating, and then got into a flashing red light mode and standby. First the problem occurred with Netflix on 5.1 mode, and a restart helped. Then the situation recurred even with TT playing via Phono stage, which should have minimum power requirement from AVR. Being still in warranty, it was sent to MZ Audio, who kept it for almost a month, but after a factory reset, they could not recreate the problem. The AVR is back with me. But now to preserve its life, I have added 5-channe power amp to take off the power load from the AVR. Changed the HDMI cables to DAC cables, reading the hdmi chaos everywhere. Added a table fan at the side to blow air over the AVR - it works better than the ceiling fan down into the AVR. Touch wood, this system is working without problem for a month now. The sound has improved a lot with the power amp too.

I use Echo mode which doesn't let AVR overheat.
hope you don't have power hungry speakers or don't listen at loud levels as in Eco Mode set to On, the avr is giving only 30% of its power,
which is nothing much considering the Sr6013 power rating.
This will lead to clipping & can damage the avr as well as the speakers.

I have tried the ECO mode when I ran only on the AVR, but found that with the Dali Z7, the sound from any dense soundtrack (Metallica/Aerosmith just as odd eg) seems subdued. I don't listen at high volumes. With the Emotiva a500, the sound has really filled out on ALL genres, living proof of the paucity of power, in both qty and qlty, in the AVR's whatever they advertise. The PA's are providing uniform power and the sound is much fuller. The a500 runs cool to touch even after hours of listening, and its inside a cabinet, while the AVR sits out in open. Was considering adding a stereo amp, but will delay as the AVR+PA combo is seeming good. BTW, I think its the EI core xformer which is the culprit, as my earlier NR1509, with a toroidal core ran cool.

The problem many a time is the hdmi board. They are so delicate that a little bit more electricity or slight variance in any factor blows it. Reset everything according to the manual and run analogue cables and see if it works.

When my Marantz SR7010 went into protection mode, it was an issue with the HDMI board. They had to replace it at a cost of 30,000 rupees and took more than a month to do it. It is now running fine. I have only the ARC connected to it and my Firestick. All other sources are connected to the TV directly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back