Reg. Home Contents Insurance for Televisions

sammydude

I'm deliberating between buying Samsung E550 (which has only 1 year warranty) and Panasonic UT50D (which has 3 years warranty)

Since Samsung is giving a BD player, plus 2 3D glasses and the 3D PQ is far better compared to the Pana model, I'm thinking of going for a home contents insurance if I buy the Samsung Plasma TV.
Of course the 2D PQ of the Pana cannot be matched. But I'm leaning more towards 3D.

1) Has anyone in this forum taken a home contents insurance?
2) Is it worth taking?
3) What are the pros and cons?
4) Which company can I go for?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm deliberating between buying Samsung E550 (which has only 1 year warranty) and Panasonic UT50D (which has 3 years warranty)

Since Samsung is giving a BD player, plus 2 3D glasses and the 3D PQ is far better compared to the Pana model, I'm thinking of going for a home contents insurance if I buy the Samsung Plasma TV.
Of course the 2D PQ of the Pana cannot be matched. But I'm leaning more towards 3D.

1) Has anyone in this forum taken a home contents insurance?
2) Is it worth taking?
3) What are the pros and cons?
4) Which company can I go for?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance. :)

This is ofcourse a difficult decision especially considering that both these HDTVs are very closely matched in everything... as you know, I am leaning towards UT50 and can give you my thoughts for the same:

1. Panasonic is THE brand for plasmas... expertise with most models, widest range, R&D, higher stakes etc.
2. Warranty - Pana offers 3 yr warranty included within the price and Samsung doesnt even give you option to get one even with additional price, I didnt want to go the insurance way...
3. Features - Both the sets matched each other in specifications but probably Samsung offers little more:
  • Built-in WiFi in Samsung (costs 2-3K etc for Panasonic).
  • 51" Screen for Samsung vs 50" Screen
4. Overall Package Offer incl Price - While the street price is similar for both (75-78K), 2 years extra warranty + 2 3D glasses + HT offer sounded better to me than BD player which I might not use often... the final price of UT50 for me would be ~70K bcos of contacts.
5. Demo - I was not able to find any demo piece of 51E550 is any showroom and hence could not judge it but saw UT50 and liked it including 3D (saw Avataar on the same and it looked awesome)...

Best of luck with your decision and you would not go wrong with either of these...

Anyone got the home contents insurance? I am also about to get one. Any recommended company ? I was considering ICICI Lombard.

I am considering home contents insurance. I will keep the forum updated.
12.gif

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back