Reg:: Monster THX sp-16 speaker cable.

Only_me

Hi,

The speaker cable mentioned in the subject of the thread is available for Rs.3750 / 30 Mt (Rs. 125 / Mt) in E-Zone, Chennai. And my friend wants to go for it for his Jamo setup. Please let me know if this cable is a good choice or DAC cables (which are available for 70 - 80 /Mt , 14awg ) are better.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

P.S. Please help me as soon as possible or he might kill me for delaying his purchase and not allowing him to listen to his setup;).

Go with DAC-16 for surround speakers and DAC-14 for front+center speakers. DAC-14 for surrounds will be an overkill, but no harm done.

Thanks Kumar. I just wanted to know how different they will be in performance inspite of the difference in their price.

Thank and regards

I just wanted to know how different they will be in performance inspite of the difference in their price.

How I wish I know the answer!!! :eek:hyeah::lol: There is no single/proven opinion on speaker cable performance, just be assured that DAC cables perform well and many of us on the forum use and recommend DAC.

How I wish I know the answer!!! :eek:hyeah::lol: There is no single/proven opinion on speaker cable performance, just be assured that DAC cables perform well and many of us on the forum use and recommend DAC.

and some on the forum use finolex 2.5 sq.mm and 4.0 sq. mm as speaker cables (2.5 sq.mm costs 1800 rupees for 100 metres):D

hey suri, are you using it regularly in any of your setups?

Hi psychotropic,

my three dogs have ripped all my speaker cables ( the youngest dog is 8 months old). the VDH are gone, the kimber cable is gone, loudspeaker cable bought from the marantz store at 8 dirhams/metre is gone, everything is gone - chewed up by my little darlings!:)

So now, for the right channel in my main system, i use finolex housegard!
and the left channel speaker cable bought from the marantz store at abu dhabi.

Till the little one grows up, that is! (he is big, but needs to mature!)

and you know what? - they are not interested in chewing up the finolex!!

Last edited:
Hi,

The speaker cable mentioned in the subject of the thread is available for Rs.3750 / 30 Mt (Rs. 125 / Mt) in E-Zone, Chennai. And my friend wants to go for it for his Jamo setup. Please let me know if this cable is a good choice or DAC cables (which are available for 70 - 80 /Mt , 14awg ) are better.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

P.S. Please help me as soon as possible or he might kill me for delaying his purchase and not allowing him to listen to his setup;).

For your price range Monster is hyped product. They are good but very pricey for the quality they provide.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back