Rega RP1, Rega Brio R, Chario Delphinus

electroboye

Good Morning people,

I am all excited to share the news of my new purchase.:yahoo:

It is just amazing to track how the evolution of music got in me and growing with me. This forum and its great pool of audiophiles have always been an inspiration.It all started with a small "Sony" 5.1 Home Theater in box and then to a main stream mid range home Theater system by "Denon" coupled with ProFx speakers and now a more musically inclined purchase which is:-

1.Integrated AMP: Rega Brio R
2.Turn Table: Rega RP1
3.Speakers: Chario Delphinus (book Shelf Speaker)

Total Cost: Singapore Dollars 4,500

Shop: Audio 88, Adlephi, Singapore

I also bought three Vinyls : Eric Clapton, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars
(Sorry I do not remember the album names, each costed about 58 Singapore Dollars)

250v695.jpg

The speakers with the stand is the new Chario speakers

2luf0us.jpg

First hand impression: I played Eric Clapton and so far it is impressive when it comes to handling low and high range and also it throws punches well(I tried few electronic dance music tracks from "Tidal" online HD music streamer). Since I did not listen more than an hour I cannot substantially write about the performance.May be I could detail it out later, if anyone is interested to know.

I am happy to take questions if any have one?

Cheers!

That is a lovely speaker - beautiful looking like sonus faber but much more accurate sound. Congrats!

No plans of a digital setup?

You'd do well if you could pull the speakers into the room when listening to music. The position they are in will cause a lot of room overhang and potential bass bloat. Also the soundstage will be rather diffuse with that TV sitting in the middle. I suggest you put some sort of bedsheet or similar stuff on it when listening to music.

Thanks reignofchaos!

That's a great piece of advise. Thank you!:clapping:
I initially thought to set up as a private listening system in my bed room instead of living room. The system is just 2 days old in my home, so the placement is still temporary. I might move it to my bed room.

Regarding the TV in the middle, if I understand you correctly are you saying the electronics inside my TV unit will diffuse the sound stage?

Also pardon my ignorance, can you please explain what do you mean by Digital setup? I have connected my Rega Amp to my Denon Bluray player to listen to audio CD, I am not sure if this is what you meant by Digital set up?

Cheers!

Please do let us know you listening impressions of the RP1 over a period of time. Is the cartridge the stock OM5e cart?
I have a bitter experience with the Rega RP1 regarding the quality of the player itself. Your experience with the TT will help other members of this forum who may be interested to buy the RP1

Thanks reignofchaos!

Regarding the TV in the middle, if I understand you correctly are you saying the electronics inside my TV unit will diffuse the sound stage?

The TV Screen will cause all sorts of reflections that will smear the soundstage. A bedsheet put on it will avoid these reflections.

Also pardon my ignorance, can you please explain what do you mean by Digital setup? I have connected my Rega Amp to my Denon Bluray player to listen to audio CD, I am not sure if this is what you meant by Digital set up?

Cheers!

What I meant was that do you have no plans of a DAC or CD Player?

Please do let us know you listening impressions of the RP1 over a period of time. Is the cartridge the stock OM5e cart?
I have a bitter experience with the Rega RP1 regarding the quality of the player itself. Your experience with the TT will help other members of this forum who may be interested to buy the RP1

I am listening to it everyday, will post my feedback after a fortnight experience. Thanks for asking.

Regarding your Q on cart, I am going to check it out tonight and revert.Cheers!

The TV Screen will cause all sorts of reflections that will smear the soundstage. A bedsheet put on it will avoid these reflections.

What I meant was that do you have no plans of a DAC or CD Player?

Oh now I get it. While I do not have a DAC yet, but I have a Denon Blu ray/Network Player "DBT-1713UD" which I have connected to listen to my Audio CDs. I may buy DAC in the next few months to bridge my Blu to Rega Amp.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back