3. Press "Repeat" on remote
4. Press in following sequence of keys

for Region 5 : FF,UP,DOWN,STOP,RIGHT

Number "9" must appear on left hand corner

Turn off the player and turn on again. This method works on P490

regards
SAchin

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with this. Tried unlocking my Samsung DVD Player - P490 however unsuccessful.

Regards,
Girish

I have a Samsung P490 that is currently set to Region 1. Can you suggest how to change to Region 9 (multi region)? The following sequence gets no "wrong key" circle on the screen, but whichever button i press afterwards does get one! Repeat, FFW, Left, REW, Right. Thanks.

I have purchased lg BD550 it is not playing us dvd's does any one knows how to unlock the region code

I'm able to play all DVD's including US DVD's without unlocking anything. Couple of DVD's copied from the Hardisk of the computer, I was not able to play but even that I was able to play it using the USB port in the BD player. Did you upgrade the firmware after buying?

I need to buy a multi-region dvd player. Could anyone advise me please. My MacPro is tuned onto some other region and I cannot play all regions on it.

I need to buy a multi-region dvd player. Could anyone advise me please. My MacPro is tuned onto some other region and I cannot play all regions on it.

Buy one of the local Phillips Models. They are cheap,play any discs and the local service tech who comes for the setup will unlock it for you if you ask him.thats what I did

Back