REL Subwoofer For Music Only!

REL was my first choice being sealed to keep up with my Heresy IIIs. I read somewhere (was it PS Audio?) that to keep the timing speaker level input is better and again sealed.

Duty for my system is only music.

REL is not sold in UAE so went in for a KEF Kube 12b. Again sealed and with speaker level inputs. Have been very happy since 2019.

Had to use an attenuator to avoid the sub getting cut (auto cut off) at low volume.
I gave up on a REL deal for a sunfire SDS12 cuz i wanted it for a 5.1 setup too. But it matches very well with my Monitor Audio silver. I can't tell where the impact is coming from. The perception of impact is always from the side where it's shown/recorded in the movies.

I did a phase match to 180 deg i guess.
Isn't phase control meant for the same purpose on all subs ?

I got the Tx 7 sub but now looking to get S.i have a pair of S2 I can get or the S510. I saw you went from S2 to S510. Do you think the S510 is a noticeable improvement and better sub to get? The price difference for a pair is $1300 USD between the two. Spend the extra $1300 get 510 or stick with S2? Thank you
I still have my Rel S2s & still haven't upgraded to anything yet, they are brilliant subs. The S510 would be my choice if i was you in making the decision. You could always get one first & add another S510 in your setup later on.
I gave up on a REL deal for a sunfire SDS12 cuz i wanted it for a 5.1 setup too. But it matches very well with my Monitor Audio silver.
Well you can't compare Sunfire subwoofers to Rel. You should have auditioned the Rel before getting the Sunfire.

I still have my Rel S2s & still haven't upgraded to anything yet, they are brilliant subs. The S510 would be my choice if i was you in making the decision. You could always get one first & add another S510 in your setup later on.

Well you can't compare Sunfire subwoofers to Rel. You should have auditioned the Rel before getting the Sunfire.
Yeap that's y I said i passed it on for a different purpose. Thr REL being offered was an old one on a deal. Didn't want in for movies. For music yes anyday or rythmic

Thanks for the quick response man. Ok I'll go with the 510s... Thanks again!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back