Remix OS - Android for desktop - Casual gaming !!

elangoas

Hi All,

I haven't seen a thread on Remix-OS here..So thought to have one to discuss abt it..

Remix OS - The real experience of Android on your desktop.

It is Android OS, customized for desktop..

Remix0.png

I tried installing Remix OS (64 Bit) on my PC which already has Win 7 (64 Bit). My CPU is Intel 1st Gen Quad core Processor Q6600 with 8GB of DDR2 RAM (800 Mhz). 64 Bit version failed to install and i tried with 32bit version and it worked without a glitch..

Anyone tried it here ?

After the installation, do you need to go to Android OS from the boot prompt or we can open it just like opening an app from Windows desktop?

After the installation, do you need to go to Android OS from the boot prompt or we can open it just like opening an app from Windows desktop?

From the boot prompt.. You will need to have a partition (NTFS worked for me) of minimum 32 GB (recommended), to install gaming applications..

Are you trying 32bit or 64 bit ?

Few pointers that i would like to mention..

- Of the 8GB RAM in my system, 32 bit accounted only 3.2 GB usable RAM.. Approx 800 MB of RAM was only used, leaving 2.4 GB of RAM free..

- Think, there is no bloatware.. Just bunch of Google apps..

- Am not able to get digital out thru my GPU to my AVR.. Think if the Mobo supports HDMI, you should get it straight out.

- I tried Asphalt 8, and it worked just fine.. Am not very sure, if the Mobo GPU is being used (or) dedicated graphics card being used..

- Tried Hill climb racing, works with wireless keyboard.. Used arrow keys.

- If anyone tried other games that works with keyboard, please share it here.. I would also love to try..:eek:hyeah:

- Is a Joystick compatible with Android PC for gaming? If so please sahre models and cost.. Would like to explore..

Few pointers that i would like to mention..

- Of the 8GB RAM in my system, 32 bit accounted only 3.2 GB usable RAM.. Approx 800 MB of RAM was only used, leaving 2.4 GB of RAM free..

- Think, there is no bloatware.. Just bunch of Google apps..

- Am not able to get digital out thru my GPU to my AVR.. Think if the Mobo supports HDMI, you should get it straight out.

- I tried Asphalt 8, and it worked just fine.. Am not very sure, if the Mobo GPU is being used (or) dedicated graphics card being used..

- Tried Hill climb racing, works with wireless keyboard.. Used arrow keys.

- If anyone tried other games that works with keyboard, please share it here.. I would also love to try..:eek:hyeah:

- Is a Joystick compatible with Android PC for gaming? If so please sahre models and cost.. Would like to explore..

Can please install Hotstar and Jio Tv and using Jio network if you have sim see it runs Starsports hd 2. I tried Nox Android emulator everything works like jio cinema, jio tv but starsports hd 2 or anything in hotstar throws an error.

Can please install Hotstar and Jio Tv and using Jio network if you have sim see it runs Starsports hd 2. I tried Nox Android emulator everything works like jio cinema, jio tv but starsports hd 2 or anything in hotstar throws an error.

Sure.. Will try Hotstar and update, but don't have Jio SIM..

Sure.. Will try Hotstar and update, but don't have Jio SIM..

Since Jio sim gives one premium hotstar that I use to watch f1 race since my local cable operator does not provide that channel. I have to watch race on mobile since casting does not for DRM protected content like hotstar. Thats Why I wanted to know will it work so I can finally watch races on my Tv like a normal person.

Instead of installing natively, one can try a virtual machine like VMware Player or Virtual Box. Performance will be very similar and it is as easy as opening an application in windows.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back