Repair of Bose 601

Nikhil

Staff member
My father in law has a pair of old Bose 601 speakers which I am looking to restore.
Are there any reliable guys available in Bombay who can do a good job with these speakers?

bca52266-a8d0-4ce0-b5ab-245cc546418b-000001.png

Bumping thread. These were some of the best sounding Bose speakers and I would really like to make these old dogs sing once again.

If you ready to pay your bucks for those old dogs (as you said:p) then here i am posting a link follow it, may help you out Speaker Repairing in Mumbai - Grotal.com

Else, as my friend said above Bose authorized service center is there in many areas of your city; but I guess their service will be expensive.

If you ready to pay your bucks for those old dogs (as you said:p) then here i am posting a link follow it, may help you out Speaker Repairing in Mumbai - Grotal.com

Else, as my friend said above Bose authorized service center is there in many areas of your city; but I guess their service will be expensive.

lakshit, the Bose 601s are one of the better speakers that the old Bose company made. Do a google search and you will see what I mean. The criticism that the company now attracts somewhat doesn't apply to these.

In their glory days, these speakers were paired with a Nakamichi amp which was as good as one could get in India in the 70s.

You're joking right! Anyway ... in case you didn't know they are pretty clueless.

I agree with that... the people in the Bose showroom (As far as I ve seen in 4 different showrooms 2 in Delhi 2 in HYD )are pretty clueless and they actually enact the written information given to them like some script and some faqs that are known.. nothing else.. anything besides their scripts which is even a little bit of variation of their script they STILL go.. duhhhhhh!!!!

Nikhil I sugest mailing rather that expecting the showroom or any service center person to call back

Nikhil I sugest mailing rather that expecting the showroom or any service center person to call back

rud, writing to Bose amounts to pretty much the same thing. I might give it a shot but really what is their motivation to help? Unless I dangle the carrot of a future purchase, I'm pretty sure all they will offer is an exchange deal.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back