Repatriating from UK - Project Debut or Genie to buy?

deepakgang

Dear Friends,

Im coming back from the UK in Jan next year and learned that my company would bear my shipping costs as I have been here for more than an year. This has opened an array of opportunities for me to buy some 'stuff' and ship them before I travel. Any one having any experience with shipping are welcome to suggest tips.

Im considering to buy a TT and was wondering which one of the Project Genie Mk3 or Project Debut mk3 should I go with. I can't find out which one is better. This will be my first player so any advice you can offer will be helpful.

As I have also some other hobbies which have drained my bank balance so I am on a tight budget + all the gifts I have to buy :)

Thanks

Hi,

You can also listen to the entry level Rega series of turntables, which are pretty close to the entry level Projects, athough the two have completely different sound signatures.

You should also listen to used turntables at good dealers. You may get better sound quality by following the used route and may be able to pick up a Linn Basik or Systemdeck or a Revolver or a Roksan at an affordable price. British used dealers shops are full of strange surprises.

All the very best in your quest.

Hi Deepak,

Where in the UK are you based? Have you been able to arrange for auditions of some of the turntables you had in mind, partnered with suitable amplifiers and speakers. If you can keep the latter unchanged while listening to different turntables, you will be able to notice the differences between the various makes and models more clearly.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back