Replacement Advice - Panasonic

Hi

The panel of my 3.6 years old Panasonic 50AS670D has failed. They are not able to get a replacement panel as its a almost 4 years old unit. Since I have escalated this to the highest level, they have agreed to replace the unit with a similar type. While I have asked them for the replacement models, i would like to know what are the current and equivalent models that i can ask for? I have another couple of days to revert back to them.,Please suggest .

Go for 49E460D which is the best fit for that size and non smart 2017 model.The latest ones I dont think they can give the FS600 series ;). If possible ask for Shinobi Pro model 49ES630D is best replacement :p. Also let me know how did you manage to escalate and they agreed for replacement even without warranty ? I am planning to but Panasonic 55ES500D so need inputs on their customer service also.

They have offered me 50fs630 or 55fx600d. I think I will go with a bigger one . I spoke to ST and he gave me a lead. I am not sure yet as i am fighting with them arguing brand value and customer retention. I think I may have to shell out out few bucks for the replacement as I don't think they would give away a new model as replacement. Will get a clarity today or tomorrow. Let hope for the best and will keep posted.

Update - buyback at 40% of the Bill price. So effective price is 27k. Exshowroom price of 55fx600 is 80k. Exshowroom price of 49fx650d is 61k. Either I have to pay 34 k and take 49fx650 or.pay 50k n take 55fx600. They are yet to confirm from Panasoy India HO.

The panel of my 3.6 years old Panasonic 50AS670D has failed. They are not able to get a replacement panel as its a almost 4 years old unit. Since I have escalated this to the highest level, they have agreed to replace the unit with a similar type. While I have asked them for the replacement models, i would like to know what are the current and equivalent models that i can ask for?

Feel sad for your trouble.. Panel failure, replacement parts not aval are very common these days.. Am a victim of with similar experience from world famous "SONY" and i was given a similar choice of opting for new product & they discounting on it.. But i decided not to spend on sony or any established brand as the probability of panel failure is almost sure within 4 yrs of high-cost ownership..

Update - buyback at 40% of the Bill price. So effective price is 27k. Exshowroom price of 55fx600 is 80k. Exshowroom price of 49fx650d is 61k. Either I have to pay 34 k and take 49fx650 or.pay 50k n take 55fx600. They are yet to confirm from Panasoy India HO.

Even if you were to opt for a buyback from Panasonic, they would provide a standard warranty of 1 year only.. Extended warranty will be additional cost in addition to the money that you would pay Panasonic.. Assuming you would spend 50K on TV, then extended warrnty would make it a total of 60K..

It would be better if you can ditch "Panasonic" and consider a brand with maximum warranty out of the box.. (or) opt for any TV from Flipkart & buy extended warranty from Flipkart.. Flipkart promises a full refund in the event of they not able to fix the issue (or) find replacement parts for your TV..

I recollect a thread from one of the FM, who received a refund from Flipkart, as they were not able to source spares..

Choice is yours..

Feel sad for your trouble.. Panel failure, replacement parts not aval are very common these days.. Am a victim of with similar experience from world famous "SONY" and i was given a similar choice of opting for new product & they discounting on it.. But i decided not to spend on sony or any established brand as the probability of panel failure is almost sure within 4 yrs of high-cost ownership..

Even if you were to opt for a buyback from Panasonic, they would provide a standard warranty of 1 year only.. Extended warranty will be additional cost in addition to the money that you would pay Panasonic.. Assuming you would spend 50K on TV, then extended warrnty would make it a total of 60K..

It would be better if you can ditch "Panasonic" and consider a brand with maximum warranty out of the box.. (or) opt for any TV from Flipkart & buy extended warranty from Flipkart.. Flipkart promises a full refund in the event of they not able to fix the issue (or) find replacement parts for your TV..

I recollect a thread from one of the FM, who received a refund from Flipkart, as they were not able to source spares..

Choice is yours..
I agree , that was my first choice of action. However if I were to sell this old non working unit, it would fetch less than 5k. I have to atleast spend another 65k for a new TV. Rather buying a new 55 in lieu of old 50 seemed a better bet. I have to pay another 15k for two years EWS. However calculated, I still stand losing 40k for my TV. I know going by brand it's a costly mistake but I don't have a choice..

Choice is yours..
I had this from LG previously, when they were unable to get me a replacement board, While in warranty it failed thrice, and the last board lasted 1 year after warranty. so together the tv lasted for about 3 years. After 6 months of contant nagging,the agreed on 22k for a tv which orginally costed 70k back then. This happened when I started talking about going legal. I took the money, drew fines on the panel with a blade not( infront of them) and gave it to them.

Compared to mine, you getting 40 k immediately sounds a decent offer to me.

I had this from LG previously, when they were unable to get me a replacement board, While in warranty it failed thrice, and the last board lasted 1 year after warranty. so together the tv lasted for about 3 years. After 6 months of contant nagging,the agreed on 22k for a tv which orginally costed 70k back then. This happened when I started talking about going legal. I took the money, drew fines on the panel with a blade not( infront of them) and gave it to them.

Just too many panel failures.. 6 months of nagging?.. I think you did great. Anyone would have given up..

Yes.. But i had to buy an other TV of the same size (46 ~ 48 inch), and that was 80K MRP.. Discount of 40K was on MRP.. That means i need to spend an other 40K for TV with 1 yr warranty only.. Again no guarantee that it will last trouble free for years, so additional warranty of 10K.. Totally 50K..

Just can't afford 50K for a TV every 3 ~ 4 yrs..:(

This got me thinking, are these so called advancement in the panel technology real or is it a gimmick to extract more money from consumers. The CRTs used to last handful of years without any niggles and I don't see that kind of durability in LEDs. My Panasonic Plasma is still going strong after 9 years but the Panasonic LED failed and had to replace the board in the 2nd year.

Just too many panel failures.. 6 months of nagging?.. I think you did great. Anyone would have given up..

Yes.. But i had to buy an other TV of the same size (46 ~ 48 inch), and that was 80K MRP.. Discount of 40K was on MRP.. That means i need to spend an other 40K for TV with 1 yr warranty only.. Again no guarantee that it will last trouble free for years, so additional warranty of 10K.. Totally 50K..

Just can't afford 50K for a TV every 3 ~ 4 yrs..:(

To me 70k was too much considering going up from a 21 inch crt screen to a 42inch LED. Hope that explains the frustration. If you have bought multiple tvs, then you will know the importance of extended warranty. That little savings will get screw up for sure in 1-2 years. In my observation, LG is good with their IPS panels durability. But their electronics sucks. With OLED its a different story though. Every other manufacturer has problems more with panels. Most of my relatives who had Sony lost their tvs to panel failures. At least I know 5 people who had panel failures from Sony. I had 2 samsungs (entry level 5 series) and luckily both were fine.

This got me thinking, are these so called advancement in the panel technology real or is it a gimmick to extract more money from consumers. The CRTs used to last handful of years without any niggles and I don't see that kind of durability in LEDs. My Panasonic Plasma is still going strong after 9 years but the Panasonic LED failed and had to replace the board in the 2nd year.
If you got one of the tvs which came out years ago, when flat screens were considered luxury, there is a chance it may survive. There was no mass production like this what we have now. Now the quality is not great due to larger production imo. the theory about built to fail doesnt make sense to me in some ways. Most people would not choose the same brand immediately after they got a failed one. (in my case, I went though coz I wanted to get into OLED and did not have other options) but most people wont.

One thing I'm making out is that there is not much second hand sales in the TV section, not anywhere. It only means that the system is going to scrap or given to someone rather than selling at scrap price. It's bad for any type of asset.

One thing I'm making out is that there is not much second hand sales in the TV section, not anywhere. It only means that the system is going to scrap or given to someone rather than selling at scrap price. It's bad for any type of asset.

Unlike audio, people dont swap tvs much. So people will be thinking of tvs again only when the current one is broken.

To me 70k was too much considering going up from a 21 inch crt screen to a 42inch LED. Hope that explains the frustration.

Guess, your 21 inch TV would have cost you a fraction of 42 inch LED price.. My Sony 46 inch too cost me the nearly the same with 3 yrs warranty..

One thing I'm making out is that there is not much second hand sales in the TV section, not anywhere.

There is a lot on OLX.. Some genuine ppl list the details of, thin line developing on panel.. While most others don't..

But one thing is for sure.. If you know how to fix the TV, you can just make hell lot of money.. Most cases it is doable.. But the service center guys hide them from you..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back