Replacing my Plasma - suggestions wanted

sohumd

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 Panasonic P42S10 plasma. Picture Quality ofcourse is pretty damn good since its a plasma.

I dont know whether its a store input source issue but whenever ive been to retail stores to checkout led tv's im not so impressed with the PQ in comparison to mine. I know that led's seldom match up to the quality of a plasma.

Wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions or experience with tv's that would not leave me disappointed in terms of the picture quality alone. Smart features and 3d are secondary concerns.

Im looking at something in the 47-50 inch bracket.
Seen the sony 50w900b, lg476700, samsung 46F7500, samsung 46H7000.

If i could get my hands on a panasonic plasma st50 or 60 i would grab it in a heartbeat, but I know thats next to impossible.

Nothing compares in terms of PQ, at least not in the LCD/LED segment. Agree about the ST50 since I own it too.

If you have the $$$ then OLED is the way to go... but its north of 3 lacs (at least the LG one I saw).

For now I'd simply get a Micromax and be done with it... at least it has prices going in its favor. Or consider a PJ, but that's a whole new level of spending with the added HT equipment.

If I had to get a TV, I'd get a Micromax and wait for OLED to become more affordable.

If that's not an option for you then have a look at 4K TVs from Sony, they are excellent, but only for 4K and 1080P content (upscaled to 4K), DVDs, SD, etc. will not look great on them.

Spot on musicbee. It will be at least 3 years until OLED TVs become affordable and hopefully a micromax should last until then. Even if it does not, the loss is not huge.

If you are happy with a Plasma, you can consider LG 50PB6600 FHD plasma for around 50K, it is smart but no 3D... Make sure you get the extended warranty to be safe for atleast 3 yrs....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back