req access to oscilloscope in chennai

sarathssca

Hello,

Does anyone have access to oscilloscope in Chennai?

Just interested to see what kind of switching ripple/noise is there in the dell laptop adapter, the frequencies and peak-to-peak amplitudes...

please suggest is there any other way to get this info?
Need this info to look for possibility of filtering the switching ripples/noises from the laptop adapter, and see if its suitable to use in audio preamp.

thanks and regards
S Sarath

There is Lots of Freeware that you can run on a Windows PC / laptop that uses the sound card and functions both as a O'scope and a Spectrum Analyser !

The response is limited to that of the sound card, so dont expect to see much beyond 20KHz.

Also search OLX.in for 'Oscilloscope' and you will find good units for approx Rs 5,000.

Some of these are O'scope repair centres and they may let you use their facilities for a small fee....

Audio range the hantek USB in 5k will do it goes couple of MHz

direct get from china ..desi sellers ask too much for scopes
Or aDIY version http://goo.gl/Y3MiAG (hehe fr adventerous kinds ..is there made by indian scientist in instructible site cost 3k but good scope)

Last edited:
DIY scope is okay to see waveform and measure amplitude. Real scope is other beast. It comes with various functions - FFT, math etc.

Only oscilloscope probes cost upwards of Rs 5K/-

So it all depends on your requirements. looking into PS ripple is basic thing, could be achieved with any alcheapo scope.

hantek USBs do a decent job in 5K with probes all included ..Hantek 6022BE

i have a 200Mhz (brand and price confidential :) ) costed me as starter marantz cdp ..ihave done some pretty decent khz range voltage booster designs
with some PWM zerocrossing regulators ....low cost ones do work good , i respect techtronix that can survive extreme weathers and many cases very accurate for fast signals
but very rarely you will do such things

even highend guys are doing many things with Analogue ones so day to day basic tests can v well done with 5K units includes basic math Fns FFTs too

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back