Request views on Edifier's new S3000pro wireless monitors

adhingra

Hi anyone heard (about) Edifier's new S3000pro Active 2.0 Wireless Monitor Speakers https://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/s3000pro

I have been a (self-professed) audiophile for over a decade now with current setup as;

Transport - Intel NUC i5 with Windows 10 with 256Gb SSD running JRiver MC19
USB to SPDIF - Audiophilleo 2
DAC - NAD M51
IC - Supra balanced xlr
Amp - Emotiva XPA200
Speakers - Goldenear Triton 2

I have had this for 5 years, but recently moved to a smaller place in Mumbai and want to have a smaller powered monitor based hifi system

I am not sure its a wise move, as i have got used to the power, scale and bass extension of the GE Tritons

My shortlist includes;

1. KEF LSX USD 1100 in US - good choice of connections incl. streaming; but worried that it may lack the low end I am used to
2. Edifier S3000pro Active Wireless Monitors USD 800 in US - lesser inputs than KEF but rated frequency range of 38hz - 20khz looks better from SQ perspective
3. Edifier S2000pro USD 400 in US - even lesser inputs and smaller range of 48hz - 20khz than thee 3000pro

I am still not sure that I will be able to live with powered monitors, as i enjoy a lot of rock & pop, and previously came from a Polk RtiA7 + DSW 660 sub combo setup, but have realized the need to have a less complicated and family friendly setup as I age.

I am flexible with a budget of USD 800 - 1100 (plus taxes) and in US almost every 3-4 months so ok to pickup stuff from there as well.

Any thoughts on the line of approach - downgrading from a mid-level component system to powered monitors as hifi system and choice of speakers would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am not a great fan of streaming, but plan to use stream music from my JRiver over DLNA or USB into the monitors

Hi anyone heard (about) Edifier's new S3000pro Active 2.0 Wireless Monitor Speakers https://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/s3000pro

I have been a (self-professed) audiophile for over a decade now with current setup as;

Transport - Intel NUC i5 with Windows 10 with 256Gb SSD running JRiver MC19
USB to SPDIF - Audiophilleo 2
DAC - NAD M51
IC - Supra balanced xlr
Amp - Emotiva XPA200
Speakers - Goldenear Triton 2

I have had this for 5 years, but recently moved to a smaller place in Mumbai and want to have a smaller powered monitor based hifi system

I am not sure its a wise move, as i have got used to the power, scale and bass extension of the GE Tritons

My shortlist includes;

1. KEF LSX USD 1100 in US - good choice of connections incl. streaming; but worried that it may lack the low end I am used to
2. Edifier S3000pro Active Wireless Monitors USD 800 in US - lesser inputs than KEF but rated frequency range of 38hz - 20khz looks better from SQ perspective
3. Edifier S2000pro USD 400 in US - even lesser inputs and smaller range of 48hz - 20khz than thee 3000pro

I am still not sure that I will be able to live with powered monitors, as i enjoy a lot of rock & pop, and previously came from a Polk RtiA7 + DSW 660 sub combo setup, but have realized the need to have a less complicated and family friendly setup as I age.

I am flexible with a budget of USD 800 - 1100 (plus taxes) and in US almost every 3-4 months so ok to pickup stuff from there as well.

Any thoughts on the line of approach - downgrading from a mid-level component system to powered monitors as hifi system and choice of speakers would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am not a great fan of streaming, but plan to use stream music from my JRiver over DLNA or USB into the monitors

Don't think of it as downgrade. Change semantics and call it a lifestyle change/upgrade.
If KEF LSX is said to be a worthy little brother of KEF LSW. If this is so, you may just be pleasantly surprised.
Hear them out and decide.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu. I like the ‘change the semantics’ approach. Will try auditioning in Mumbai. There was a KEF PROFX showroom in Atria mall in Mumbai that seems to have shutdown?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back