Requesting help with JVC JA-S44 integrated amp

z@m

Hello!

This gem of an amp belonged to my grandfather. Powering 3-way standmount-sized JBLs, it has always been a neighbour-complaint-inducing powerhouse.

Lately, I'm noticing weakened power output in both channels, but moreso in the right channel (see attached image of the VU meters).

JVC.jpg

At first I thought it might be the speakers but they sound their usual selves when powered by a Yamaha receiver.

I'm wondering if the forum can troubleshoot the problem and help me fix it - I have metric level electronics knowledge + rudimentary skill with a soldering iron but fair amount of enthusiasm and patience for a repair job.

Thanks,

-Z

Hello!

This gem of an amp belonged to my grandfather. Powering 3-way standmount-sized JBLs, it has always been a neighbour-complaint-inducing powerhouse.

Lately, I'm noticing weakened power output in both channels, but moreso in the right channel (see attached image of the VU meters).

View attachment 43294

At first I thought it might be the speakers but they sound their usual selves when powered by a Yamaha receiver.

I'm wondering if the forum can troubleshoot the problem and help me fix it - I have metric level electronics knowledge + rudimentary skill with a soldering iron but fair amount of enthusiasm and patience for a repair job.

Thanks,

-Z

Hi

This should get you started with information about the amp.....

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jvc/ja-s44.shtml

https://elektrotanya.com/jvc_ja-s44_sch.pdf/download.html

Incase you need to give it to a skilled experienced technician...there is one based at Mumbai Central (since your location is BOM assuming Bombay)...let me know...

Many thanks for the video and schematic links. Please also let me have the contact details of the technician.

I.D. Electronics, Shop No.4 A, New Mistry Building, Balaram St, Grant Road East, Grant Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007

Phone: 022 2301 2256 After 11am before 730pm Mr Paul Deniz

I.D. Electronics, Shop No.4 A, New Mistry Building, Balaram St, Grant Road East, Grant Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007

Phone: 022 2301 2256 After 11am before 730pm Mr Paul Deniz

Thankyou for this. I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix the amp myself. If I can't get something going over the next few days I will contact Mr. Deniz.

BTW, are you able to access hifiengine? I'm encountering a country block while trying to sign up.

Thankyou for this. I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix the amp myself. If I can't get something going over the next few days I will contact Mr. Deniz.

BTW, are you able to access hifiengine? I'm encountering a country block while trying to sign up.

Yes it seems a country block.....if you ever travel abroad......use wifi and register then,,,, ;)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back