Require HD DTH connection to watch Movies..

Nags

Hi,

A small introduction to my journey so far in the world of DTH. I have 3 TVs, one in common hall, 2nd in bed room and 3rd in 2nd floor living room with HTS

My first DTH connection is Reliance digital TV DVR- I am still using it in common hall, but off late their cust service is almost nil, Remote is not working and unable to get it replaced through them. Waiting for Amount in their account to become nil, Later will discontinue

Second Connection is Sun direct- i have discontinued

Third connection -Airtel Digital HD still using it at bed room TV

After buying 3D TV and HTS, i got 4th connection - D2H, everything was fine but i felt picture and sound quality is little less compared to Airtel, hence shifted D2H to office use and bought Airtel HD 2nd connection and using it.

My interest in TV watching is for HD picture quality with digital audio in-
1.Movies(70%)-Mainly English/Hindi/Kannada/other language in that order
2. Sports & News(20%)
2. Music(10%)

Now I want to replace My reliance with new connection which has all HD Channels and will include future channels as soon as they launch. Since Airtel is not providing HBO Hits HD /HBO defined HD and regional channels in HD, I am looking at other options

My 1st option is Hathway HD which reportedly giving 31 HD channels including HBO Hits and HBO defined. I need your valuable inputs on Hathway with respect to HD Picture and sound quality, connection procedure at Bangalore(Nagarbhavi Area), Customer care and support, Problems of Local cable operator through whom we get connection, difficulties in addition and deletion of packs etc

My 2nd option is to try Tata sky ( one more dish on our roof!!!)- Your experiences with Tata Sky in above lines will be great help.

I am sure many people are in the same boat as me with multiple connections and interested in watching HD content, good inputs / discussions will help us all to make informed decisions. So big thanks to you all in advance

Nagaraj

Hathway is a good choice you will get maximum HD channels and the list will keep updated.But the problem is for HBO HD channels 5.1 sound is still not enabled.PQ and AQ of hathway is simply superb.I think for HBO HD channels only Tata sky would be better option.But still there is not enough HD channels list and we dont know about future..I mean they will add the upcoming HD channels are not.PQ and AQ is as same as ADTV.ADTV PQ and AQ is good but they are do not adding any upcoming HD channels and as of now ADTV is totally waste.
I was using Hathaway when I was in Hyderabad now I am not in city so my choice is Dish TV and D2H ..so all HD channels are covering but only problem is HBO HD channels with out 5.1 sound.So I have given options..choose wisely as per your requirements.

Thank you @idlefriend:):):)...Being movie channels - HBO HDs without 5.1 Audio is not good, Does Tata sky provide dolby for these Channels???

I did not get that..is it set top box hd models or you mean even sd set top box? Simplysam.singh could you clarify please..

Ok..Thank you...

After speaking with one guy from Hathway@Bangalore yesterday, i am interested to know more about quality and services in Bangalore since guy told they are offering 32 HD channels. Can any current Hathway users @ Bangalore could you please confirm this and provide valuable inputs?? :clapping::clapping:

Hi Guys,

Finally I got Hathway digital TV HD set top box on saturday, installation done by my LCO..Presently i am getting 25 HD channels, 6 not activated-HBO defined and Hits, Star sports 1&2, Star world Premiere, and Nat Geo Music..Any one know the procedure to activate these??? any online recharges we can make?? Hathway web site does not provide any online account to check our details / packages and recharges.

My observations after watching it for 2 days in comparison with DTH

1.Picture quality... It is as good as any DTH, definitely not better than DTH since picture freezes often both HD and SD channels

2. Sound quality... This is where it beats all DTH services by huge margin. It is pure un compressed sound of CD quality. None of my DTHs like Reliance / Airtel / D2H / Sun direct gave such a quality sound. You can feel the difference especially if you use home theater system or AV receiver. In this regard it is worthy upgrade for me and I am enjoying it. You dont feel like watching movie over TV Channel..watching 5.1 movies in HD is now as good as watching DVD / Bluray Moovies!!! Even stereo sound from all SD music channels is wonderful to hear. In DTH due to compressed audio I always felt like not listening to music and even video was less interesting due to this. Now in hathway i am enjoying fantastic audio and feel like no need to purchase Audio Cds any more!!!

Final worlds....If you have good HD TV and NO Home theater system, then DTH is better because TV speakers will not make any difference to Audio and picture is marginally better in DTH and wont freeze often... You have other advantages like better Cust care, Online recharges etc..etc... If you use set top box with HTS then please go with any Digital cable(hathway / In cable etc ..etc), It is definitely worth and you will not regret:):):):):):)

Thanks for the review! So do they have multiple channel packages like DTH with different combinations of HD channels? How much will be your monthly bill?

I am sorry @rakeshchn, I am new user of hathway, so dont have much information in this regard. what i have taken is new HD connection with 1 year HD subscription and supposed to get all 31 HD channels free for 1st year, but right now I am getting only 26 Channels. My LCO has assured that he will get activated the other channels soon. Just waiting for that to happen

Nags

Almost after a week of repeated calls and emails today my LCO went to hathway office. I am told that baic HD package contains only 25 Hd channels, not 31 as claimed by my LCO. additional charges for HBO Hits and Defined is Rs 1070 per year, for Star world premiere is 810, so i have activated after paying 1880 for 1 year. I am yet to see the channels to comment on quality.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back