Rethm Saadhana Audition

prem

Hi Guys

If any of you ever go to Cochin, an audition of the Rethm Saadhanas at Jacob's place is a must. It will open your eyes and ears to what music through a system should sound like. I have heard a lot of stuff, both mid fi and high end at many dealers, both in India and abroad. But nothing compares to what you hear at Jacobs place. What is even more interesting is that Jacob uses reasonably priced amps and cd players. Earlier he had a modded Maramtz 63. Now he has a Northstar Transport and DAC. Amps earlier were Quicksilver. Now he uses Diva amps from Singapore. There is hardly any room treatments save a thin foam panel on the back wall.

can you tell us more? what music did you listen? what sounded good? what was the sound like? are there any other high end brands syou've heard that you could compare it to?

I have heard a lot of set ups. In India: Arca and the Cadence Monoblocs with Esoteric Digital; Accuphase 550 Amp, Accuphase Digital with Thiel CS 3.7 Speakers; Martin Logan Odyssey with Rowland Amp and Theta Digital; B&W 801D with Classe Amp and Theta Digital. Abroad: Avant Garde Duos with Kondo Amp and Audio Note Digital; Acapella Violin with Burmeester Amp and Burmeester Digital; Zu Speakers with 47 Labs Amp and 47 Labs Digital. These are what i remember offhand. Jacobs room sounds better than all these demo rooms.

The experience is much more like being at the venue. It does not matter what music you play.

Hi Guys

If any of you ever go to Cochin, an audition of the Rethm Saadhanas at Jacob's place is a must. It will open your eyes and ears to what music through a system should sound like. I have heard a lot of stuff, both mid fi and high end at many dealers, both in India and abroad. But nothing compares to what you hear at Jacobs place. What is even more interesting is that Jacob uses reasonably priced amps and cd players. Earlier he had a modded Maramtz 63. Now he has a Northstar Transport and DAC. Amps earlier were Quicksilver. Now he uses Diva amps from Singapore. There is hardly any room treatments save a thin foam panel on the back wall.

I would second that very strongly. The best place to listen to the Saadhanas is at Jacob's place. Anyone wanting to have a listen in Bangalore do call me starting next week for a demo appointment. Dont forget to bring your own CDs.

My setup is :-
Unison Research S6 Single Ended Triode Pure Class A Tube int amp.
Plinius CD-101 CD Player
Rethm Saadhanas
Linn Silver Analogue interconnects.
Linn K20 Speaker cables.

My speakers do not sound as good as Jacob's as they are brand new, just crossed 50 hours of burn-in yesterday. Still a long way to go.

Not sure of the exact price. They are in the region of 3 lakhs. Prithvi of Absolute Phase will be able to give you the exact price since he is their dealer in India.

Prem Ji was kind enough to accommodate my request to listen to his set-up last week during my visit to Mumbai :yahoo:. I spent close to three hours. Starting from AR Rehman to patricia barber jazz, rock, classical numbers, hindi old songs etc.
The look of Rethm speakers was simply love at first sight. I liked it performance in the area of mid and treble. The guitar strings are still vibrating in my head. It played the said notes with an authority.
His rack and isolation stones/platforms are awesome. Since he has extended an open invitation to audition his set-up, I request fellow forum members to encash the same.
Thank you Prem ji.:clapping:

Regards

Hi Radni14

Pl address me Prem. I get uncomfortable with Prem ji or Prem sir.

My present set up is

EMT 938 table with 929 arm and TSD 15 cartridge
Customised Lyrita 2A3 power amp with Dave Slagle nickel output transformers, nickel interstage transformers and nickel chokes
Dave Slagle autoformer vol control
Rethm Saadhana V2 with Lowther DX55 drivers
Customised rosewood rack based on Franck Tchang design and built by Lyrita
ASI Liveline reference interconnects, reference speaker cables and reference power cords
ASI acoustic system resonator room treatment

Hi prem

Please post pics of your rack if possible

How is it performing comparing your older rack.

Rods

Rikhav

Hi Rikhav

Will try and post pictures. The rack is just 4 legs and 2 shelves. Nothing special about it except that its rosewood.

Because rosewood is a tonewood, there's a resonance that comes in. I could tame them because i have the ASI resonators. I do not know how they will perform in an untreated room. I would prefer my previous rack over this for digital equipment and probably this rack for amps and tables provided you can eliminate the resonance build up.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back