Review of Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 or 8 ???

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker

Rahul

Your view on Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 or 8 !!!

Hello Members,

As we all know Mordaunt Short has recently launched its Aviano Series in India, so I thought it would be a good idea to get your views or feedback on it. Two points that need to be addressed are:

1. Your views/feedback on the Aviano 6 or 8.
2. How would you compare them with other speakers in that range (Aviano 6 is priced at 42k and Aviano 8 is priced at 58k).

Looking forward to some good discussion.

Rahul

Last edited:

Rahul

No one's heard the Aviano ??? Ventak ??? Psycho ??? Mridul ??? Dinyar ???

Last edited:

evanoruvan

I have MS Aviano 8 (paired with CA 650 A and DACMagic). I auditioned Marantz (with the same speakers ) and Denon 1910/2310 with KEF IQ 70/90.

Overall, I liked the musicality of the CA amp and good detail across the frequency range of the MS Aviano speakers.

Rahul

Great !!! We got some review going .....

Evanoruvan - Would u consider the Aviano on the bright side ? and do u get the feeling of 'fatigue' after listening to the speakers for an hour ?

I had recently auditioned the Aviano 6 with the CA 640A and quite liked what i heard. Would there too much of diff in the Aviano 6/8 when paired with the CA 640A and CA 650A ?

Look forward to ur reply !!!

bobbyalex

I auditioned the Aviano 6 with a CA540R. Excellent music reproduction. I auditioned it side by side with CA speakers and Polk Audio. No one came close to the music reproduction that the Aviano could pump out. Definitly an audiophiles speaker.

goose

@kp - 42k looks quite good to me atleast comparing to the price it retails in the UK (~35k). I suppose you've got the quote from Bangalore? Please can you let me know the dealer details thanks