Review of Onkyo TX-SR304E Receiver with Onkyo SKS-HT230 5.1 need advice...help me

akshaye

Hello experts,
Well..I am novice in this. I am from mumbai. I have gone all the threads you guys discussing for the best home theater system. And I know this subject has been discussed such a long time that you also will not want to reply. But well I really need your help on this. I wanted to buy a best HTIB in 40k to 45k budget. I recently gone through the listening rooms of JBL, Sonodyne, Onkyo, Jamo.

I heard Onkyo TX-SR304E Receiver ( ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA )with Onkyo SKS-HT230 5.1 speakers ( ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA ) this package for 40k. And I liked it a lot with the sound for songs as well as movies. Even I like the JBL 5.1 speakers with harman kardon reciever total package is for 44,990k. But when I compare it I like the Onkyo the most. Even I am not that much impressed with Sonodyne demo at Atria Mall.

So guys help on this..should I go for it? OR your reviews on this package are welcome...Does anybody have this package? if want to suggest me anything please welcome..

While you were at Atria Mall didn't you drop in at ProFX, dealers for Denon, KEF, Polk, Focal etc? You should audition Denon too before you decide. Also give Marantz a listen if you can (although I dont know if there is a Marantz showroom around here).

Hi,
I am trying hard to find out where can I get the demo of Marantz in mumbai, but I havent got it yet.. :( Can anybody from mumbai tell where can I listen the Demo of Marantz in mumbai..? as I am not finding any option with Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha. But I wanted to listen Marantz too..Please let me know if u have any idea re this.

Thanks

Hi,
I am trying hard to find out where can I get the demo of Marantz in mumbai, but I havent got it yet.. :( Can anybody from mumbai tell where can I listen the Demo of Marantz in mumbai..? as I am not finding any option with Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha. But I wanted to listen Marantz too..Please let me know if u have any idea re this.

Thanks

I would suggest you call the Marantz distributor at (011) 5568 3536 and check with them for a dealer in Mumbai.

i have got Onkyo SK 4700 with SL 107 sub, i also have TXSR 304E, combination works well. i have been using this since three months and i m impressed with the performance..

thnx
vadiraj

i have got Onkyo SK 4700 with SL 107 sub, i also have TXSR 304E, combination works well. i have been using this since three months and i m impressed with the performance..

thnx
vadiraj

Hi Vadiraj,
I have an option to buy the same combination at Big Bazaar (in Rs 13000) to be used with Denon 1507/Onkyo 304 E. I just wanted to know that will 4700 would be better than Jamo 406 HCS-1 Package(Rs 17000/-) or what?

Abhilash

i did evaluate this option before going for Onkyo.
Jamo package does not have a sub woofer. and was offered with Sherwood amps. Hence I was not too keen.
Onkyo package comes with a subwoofer and speakers are rated at 130 W (Fronts and Center speakers) which I felt was good..The combination works well..I have been using this for almost 8 months now and its good..

I feel if you are ready to spend around 30K, you should evaluate other options like Marantz with Mordaunt Short speakers..May be you may to strech your budget a bit..but I feel its worth it..

thnx
vadiraj

Hi,

Thanks

Cinebels at Bandra.

Re: Onkyo SK 4700 spk. package

hello, i would like to know if there are any stores selling the sk-4700 speaker package at the above said price of 13000/-? pls. reply asap.
thanks.
Harsha.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks

Hi,
Marantz is available at ?Cinebels,the Jamo shop-Bandra,Resonance(Viola)DN nagar Andheri.
I took audition of the same Onkyo pack at Sumaria ,churney rd. yr back & got impressed with sound.MP3 also sounded good.

Atriya mall has many dealors-JBL,Denon,polk,mirange,sondyne

Hello experts,
Well..I am novice in this. I am from mumbai. I have gone all the threads you guys discussing for the best home theater system. And I know this subject has been discussed such a long time that you also will not want to reply. But well I really need your help on this. I wanted to buy a best HTIB in 40k to 45k budget. I recently gone through the listening rooms of JBL, Sonodyne, Onkyo, Jamo.

I heard Onkyo TX-SR304E Receiver ( ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA )with Onkyo SKS-HT230 5.1 speakers ( ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA ) this package for 40k. And I liked it a lot with the sound for songs as well as movies. Even I like the JBL 5.1 speakers with harman kardon reciever total package is for 44,990k. But when I compare it I like the Onkyo the most. Even I am not that much impressed with Sonodyne demo at Atria Mall.

So guys help on this..should I go for it? OR your reviews on this package are welcome...Does anybody have this package? if want to suggest me anything please welcome..

Hi,

Last saturday i auditioned Onkyo HTS-3100. It was pretty bad and the woofer was almost dead. They played the trailer of Quantum of solace(e-zone). Not sure if the quality was bad due to connection or source or the HTiB itself. Even after keeping the full bass level the sub was sounding pathetic. I had Intex 5.1 speakers with 5.1 channel dvd player. That was sounding more better than 3100.

I auditioned Onkyo HTS 5100 in croma. They played Pink floyd DTS dvd. It was pretty decent and it had active subwoofer and felt more lively. It was quoted around 43K. Do check this model too.

I think the receiver in HTS 3100 is similar too 304E. Hence avoid that since you have decent budget for your HTiB. Also suggest you to audition some yamaha HTiB's too. They will also be very good.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi,

Last saturday i auditioned Onkyo HTS-3100. It was pretty bad and the woofer was almost dead. They played the trailer of Quantum of solace(e-zone). Not sure if the quality was bad due to connection or source or the HTiB itself. Even after keeping the full bass level the sub was sounding pathetic. I had Intex 5.1 speakers with 5.1 channel dvd player. That was sounding more better than 3100.

I auditioned Onkyo HTS 5100 in croma. They played Pink floyd DTS dvd. It was pretty decent and it had active subwoofer and felt more lively. It was quoted around 43K. Do check this model too.

I think the receiver in HTS 3100 is similar too 304E. Hence avoid that since you have decent budget for your HTiB. Also suggest you to audition some yamaha HTiB's too. They will also be very good.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi,
Onkyo Htib has two settings for optimising Bass.
1.keep Double Bass function on
2.keep optiresponse euiliser(OR-Eq) on

Now check the sound.I always keep one of them on.

vadiraj said:

thnx
vadiraj
Hi Vadiraj,
I have an option to buy the same combination at Big Bazaar (in Rs 13000) to be used with Denon 1507/Onkyo 304 E. I just wanted to know that will 4700 would be better than Jamo 406 HCS-1 Package(Rs 17000/-) or what?

Abhilash .
hello, i would like to know if there are any stores selling the sk-4700 + Sl107 speaker package at the above said price of 13000/-? pls. reply asap.
thanks.
Harsha.

Last edited:

thnx
vadiraj
Hi Vadiraj,

Abhilash

hello, i would like to know if there are any stores selling the sk-4700 + Sl107 speaker package at the above said price of 13000/-? pls. reply asap.
thanks.
Harsha.

thanks.
Harsha.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back