Review of Telome Pro Audio Cubes (Nano Cubes) Bose Competitor

efernand1

There have been a couple of long weekends for me to be away from work due to public holidays and I managed to put in a days leave here and there to ensure I get a nice long weekend / break from stress!

The below review is my honest opinion based on hands on experience, I am not a professional content writer so excuse my write up if it lacks the professionalism. The intent is to help those who are looking out for a small speaker setup to be installed in tight spaces. I remember a thread discussion on these and other cubes somewhere in 2014 but didn't find any review and hence posting this.

I have a friend who has moved from HT to a Stereo setup. He had purchased Telome Home Theatre speakers 15ax Pro which included a powered subwoofer and Pro Audio cubes which is almost an exact replica of the famous Bose Jewel Cubes. This was 15 months backed and hooked it to a Yamaha RX V 477.

He expressed his intent to sell the cubes only but wanted to keep the subwoofer as he was going in for a pair of bookshelf speakers and wanted to use the sub with the stereo amp which would have sub connection options.

In the interest of research and hands on experience, I decided to make an impulse purchase and picked these 5 cube speakers with its supplied L shape wall stands for Rs 26000. New pro cubes are sold for 40k and I believe are no more available.

The condition of the cubes is 8/10 where minute signs of use is noticeable on 3 of the cubes cabinets. Performance wise they seem 10/10 with no issues. No repairs carried out on them.

Specifications
  • Can be hooked up to Amps / AVRs that are rated from 20 watts to 150 watts per channel
  • Impedance is 8 ohms
  • Sensitivity 91db
  • Dual Cubes, rotatable, sealed.
  • Full Range speakers (1.75 – 2 inch) deep drawn cones. Very much suited for the Indian weather.
  • Frequency 200hz to 22khz
  • Dimensions inches (H x W x D) 4 x 2 x 3
  • Weight approx. 438 gms each dual cube.
  • Plastic molded body with specific connectors and ¼ inch thread insert.

Setup

• Marantz AVR (SR series)
  • Bose 301s (Series V) Fronts Main speakers
  • Subwoofer – SVS SB1000
  • Front Height / Dolby Atmos – Telome Cubes
  • Center – Telome Cubes
  • Rear – Telome Cubes
  • Oppo 103 Blu Ray
  • HP Laptop
Ran Audyssey setup and initially the crossover frequency listed for the Telomes resulted in 250hz. Technically conservative so I manually changed it to 200hz and even tried 150hz. 200hz seems good, 150hz would be risky at high volumes.

Music Experience

Played some CDs using the Oppo, Some FLAC and MP3s ( Don Williams, Eagles, Country Songs, Slow Ballads, Kenny G, Yanni, Retro 80s & 90s).

The cubes seem to produce excellent quality sound which was very detailed and crisp highs. High volumes or even low volumes at 2am still made the cubes shine out well.

Movies Experience

I don’t have many movies available on DISCs so borrowed a Blu Ray from one of my Repairer / Dealer friends (Avengers), Tried a DVD (5.1) Animation (Tangled) then tried downloaded content of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital + and finally used Netflix streamed through Laptop for Dolby+ and even Atmos.

The cubes provided excellent surround effects for the most demanding action scenes. (2012, 6 Underground, Mad Max Fury Road, Transformers – Age of Extinction, Pearl Harbor, Suicide Squad, Batman Begins, Godzilla, Extraction, John Wick, etc.

Who these cubes are meant for

• This is ideal for room sizes or listen areas between 100 sq ft to 400 sq ft. Good speakers for small homes or bedroom or small offices etc.
  • Cubes are light weighted and can be mounted easily using the variety of stands available over amazon / flipkart / local market.
  • Good budget option for Atmos speakers or surrounds, given the flexible positioning of cubes which can provide a nice spatial surround effect.

Overall verdict

• Good to have if you are very tight on spaces and budget.
  • Sounds much better than the Bose Jewel cubes and can be hooked directly to any Amp or AVR unlike Bose which mandates you to hook their cubes to the subwoofer (since cubes crossover board is in the Bose sub).
  • You need to have a decent sub which operates between 200hz and below to ensure seamless blending. A ported sub will definitely blend more better.
  • There are many other brands like P Audio or DNM etc who have come out with Similar cubes but they are not even close to the performance of these Telome Pro cubes and even the small size which is the main attraction.
This was for experiment / experience purpose, I may use the speakers for a couple of days / weeks more and possibly end selling them off a little less considering I used them already for a week now. See the pics below.

Thanks for reading.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 00.16.04.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 23.46.49.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 23.46.49 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 23.46.49 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 23.46.49 (3).jpeg

No tweeters ? I doubt the full range drivers will extend to 22khz. I hope I have not missed anything.
Frequency range in numbers stated in almost all drivers is rubbish. What would be the point of a driver playing at any frequency if the response is at a huge peak/dip/breakup at said frequency compared to the median? :p

Last edited:
No tweeters ? I doubt the full range drivers will extend to 22khz. I hope I have not missed anything.

The Highs are quite sharp and the specs mentioned are as per their website if I recall correctly. The 5.1 set was being sold over Ooberpad.

As Humans, we supposedly have capability to hear between 20hz and 20khz which reduces with age. As long as it sounds enriching for effects, guess its good enough to be used. That's the reason I used old movie content and familiar music which I have heard in the past through various speakers, for testing these Telomes.

Nice review Eddie and the Telomes can be useful for people on a budget who are not very selective about going for Bose. As you have said the cubes are very convenient and flexible as Atmos speakers too.
I have heard the cubes and they are good vfm with decent build quality. Terrance is quite accomodative too should any issues crop up.

Nice review Eddie and the Telomes can be useful for people on a budget who are not very selective about going for Bose. As you have said the cubes are very convenient and flexible as Atmos speakers too.
I have heard the cubes and they are good vfm with decent build quality. Terrance is quite accomodative too should any issues crop up.

Yes Terence and Lourde are very accomodative and helpful....nice products manufactured by them for the last 20-25 years

It's a month now since I have been using these sparingly usually at nights during mon to fri due to office work...so watch late movies over Netflix and use Spotify for music....excellent surround at low volumes with the best clarity.

During weekends Sat/ Sun some action movies using the volume loud and they dont fail to perform given their small size, quite decent.

Well time has come now to let them go as I had picked the same for experiment purposes and because I wanted to own them briefly. Will put it up for sale shortly in the coming weeks at a reasonable price.

There have been a couple of long weekends for me to be away from work due to public holidays and I managed to put in a days leave here and there to ensure I get a nice long weekend / break from stress!

The below review is my honest opinion based on hands on experience, I am not a professional content writer so excuse my write up if it lacks the professionalism. The intent is to help those who are looking out for a small speaker setup to be installed in tight spaces. I remember a thread discussion on these and other cubes somewhere in 2014 but didn't find any review and hence posting this.

I have a friend who has moved from HT to a Stereo setup. He had purchased Telome Home Theatre speakers 15ax Pro which included a powered subwoofer and Pro Audio cubes which is almost an exact replica of the famous Bose Jewel Cubes. This was 15 months backed and hooked it to a Yamaha RX V 477.

He expressed his intent to sell the cubes only but wanted to keep the subwoofer as he was going in for a pair of bookshelf speakers and wanted to use the sub with the stereo amp which would have sub connection options.

In the interest of research and hands on experience, I decided to make an impulse purchase and picked these 5 cube speakers with its supplied L shape wall stands for Rs 26000. New pro cubes are sold for 40k and I believe are no more available.

The condition of the cubes is 8/10 where minute signs of use is noticeable on 3 of the cubes cabinets. Performance wise they seem 10/10 with no issues. No repairs carried out on them.

Specifications
  • Can be hooked up to Amps / AVRs that are rated from 20 watts to 150 watts per channel
  • Impedance is 8 ohms
  • Sensitivity 91db
  • Dual Cubes, rotatable, sealed.
  • Full Range speakers (1.75 – 2 inch) deep drawn cones. Very much suited for the Indian weather.
  • Frequency 200hz to 22khz
  • Dimensions inches (H x W x D) 4 x 2 x 3
  • Weight approx. 438 gms each dual cube.
  • Plastic molded body with specific connectors and ¼ inch thread insert.

Setup

• Marantz AVR (SR series)
  • Bose 301s (Series V) Fronts Main speakers
  • Subwoofer – SVS SB1000
  • Front Height / Dolby Atmos – Telome Cubes
  • Center – Telome Cubes
  • Rear – Telome Cubes
  • Oppo 103 Blu Ray
  • HP Laptop
Ran Audyssey setup and initially the crossover frequency listed for the Telomes resulted in 250hz. Technically conservative so I manually changed it to 200hz and even tried 150hz. 200hz seems good, 150hz would be risky at high volumes.

Music Experience

Played some CDs using the Oppo, Some FLAC and MP3s ( Don Williams, Eagles, Country Songs, Slow Ballads, Kenny G, Yanni, Retro 80s & 90s).

The cubes seem to produce excellent quality sound which was very detailed and crisp highs. High volumes or even low volumes at 2am still made the cubes shine out well.

Movies Experience

I don’t have many movies available on DISCs so borrowed a Blu Ray from one of my Repairer / Dealer friends (Avengers), Tried a DVD (5.1) Animation (Tangled) then tried downloaded content of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital + and finally used Netflix streamed through Laptop for Dolby+ and even Atmos.

The cubes provided excellent surround effects for the most demanding action scenes. (2012, 6 Underground, Mad Max Fury Road, Transformers – Age of Extinction, Pearl Harbor, Suicide Squad, Batman Begins, Godzilla, Extraction, John Wick, etc.

Who these cubes are meant for

• This is ideal for room sizes or listen areas between 100 sq ft to 400 sq ft. Good speakers for small homes or bedroom or small offices etc.
  • Cubes are light weighted and can be mounted easily using the variety of stands available over amazon / flipkart / local market.
  • Good budget option for Atmos speakers or surrounds, given the flexible positioning of cubes which can provide a nice spatial surround effect.

Overall verdict

• Good to have if you are very tight on spaces and budget.
  • Sounds much better than the Bose Jewel cubes and can be hooked directly to any Amp or AVR unlike Bose which mandates you to hook their cubes to the subwoofer (since cubes crossover board is in the Bose sub).
  • You need to have a decent sub which operates between 200hz and below to ensure seamless blending. A ported sub will definitely blend more better.
  • There are many other brands like P Audio or DNM etc who have come out with Similar cubes but they are not even close to the performance of these Telome Pro cubes and even the small size which is the main attraction.
This was for experiment / experience purpose, I may use the speakers for a couple of days / weeks more and possibly end selling them off a little less considering I used them already for a week now. See the pics below.

Thanks for reading.

View attachment 61197View attachment 61198View attachment 61200View attachment 61199View attachment 61201
Superb sir ,very nice # I think this speakers better than Bose # you have very nice setup

It's a month now since I have been using these sparingly usually at nights during mon to fri due to office work...so watch late movies over Netflix and use Spotify for music....excellent surround at low volumes with the best clarity.

During weekends Sat/ Sun some action movies using the volume loud and they dont fail to perform given their small size, quite decent.

Well time has come now to let them go as I had picked the same for experiment purposes and because I wanted to own them briefly. Will put it up for sale shortly in the coming weeks at a reasonable price.
Hi @efernand1 ,
Just sent you a PM.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back