Review: Sonodyne Sonus and Amp !

gudu

Review: Sonodyne Sonus and Amp !

After getting into the Croma store which happens to be the only store which displays Sonodyne products wasnt able to find out the company rep to give me a demo.

So it was me all the way long.
on display were both the Sonus 2604 V3 and the Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3 Floorstanding Loudspeaker.

Sonodyne SiA 310 Stereo Amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To begin with the 2604 is suited for small rooms, clear on sound, can pick the minutest sounds.

Then comes the professional version the 2605!

What sound it pumps out.

I was really impressed by its sound.

The SIA 310 Amp has got a remote, dint go into it much, the controls got the treble, bass, balance.

They had a DVD player connected, perhaps the music did not sound that good coz of the 5.1 connection, all this I did not know until one of my friend told me here.

I asked for a connection to CD player which plays only CDs but did not get.

All in all it was a great experience and the 10% discount if you buy it online.

The store did offer me the same 10% discount, but they wont ship it outside of Bangalore.

Which Croma in B'lore?

The one on the brigade road. Eva Mall, right at the entrance. But dont be amazed that you will find only the visitors book and the price list inside of it without the rep. Waited for one hour before I tested the system myself !

Last edited:
excellent VFM setup !!! I own these , my preferences are more for music /2.0...never wanted a sub .....and they are very good!....the 2605 V3 towers coupled with the SIA 320 80W amp do a very good job!..my source is a basic LG blueray player ..the setup will not let u down ;-)...regds

@bluegrass - understand you prefer listening to music over watching movies, pls share your views on how the system performs when playing movies? Totally understand that these are stereo speakers, thanks!

@bluegrass - understand you prefer listening to music over watching movies, pls share your views on how the system performs when playing movies? Totally understand that these are stereo speakers, thanks!

Movies effect is also good, hope you got a demo at croma store bangalore at brigade road.

You wont have surround effect, but overall you will love to watch action movies wit this 2 channel set up.

Most preferable for music lovers.

@gudu - thank you for sharing your views. do you have an idea about performance when sonodyne's dipoles paired with the 2605 FS and avant centre speakers? i'm looking for a gradual upgrade hence wanting to know more about this. the sales rep wasn't there even when i visited the croma store at eva mall...

@gudu - thank you for sharing your views. do you have an idea about performance when sonodyne's dipoles paired with the 2605 FS and avant centre speakers? i'm looking for a gradual upgrade hence wanting to know more about this. the sales rep wasn't there even when i visited the croma store at eva mall...

that is what I was telling the sonodyne rep was missing when I went there too.

Directly contact abhishek choudhary from sonodyne.

Abhishek Chowdhury I Manager- Marketing & Sales I
Sonodyne Electronics Co. Pvt. Ltd.
98NB, Block- E, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053

On Land : +91 33 23990418 , 23983406
E Mail : [email protected]

I saw performance of denon, marantz, yamaha and one more speaker [floorstanding] of whose name I forgot.

All these speakers including sonodyne are professional speakers.

Demo [all of the above makes and models] sets were used for more than 100 to 200 hours, that is when one can get the optimal effect of the speakers.

It depends on the size of the room where you will place the speakers, as these are professional speakers.

for small room say 8 feet by 8 feet the base version of sonodyne sonus is enough.

if you got a bigger room, then go for the sonodyne sonus v3 6305.

It is far more better than denon and warfdale 9.5, though I heard also the warfedale 10, nothing like the sonodyne 6305 v3 combined with SIA 310.

there are also book shelf speakers of sonodyne but I did not get a demo of it.

If you are from bangalore, go to croma mall [brigade road], and ask for demo of the v3 and v2 with sia 310 amp.

to make sure you get that effect go for old pop songs of the likes of Boney M and Micheal Jackson, of course if you ask for demo with newer songs like hindi and english etc, chances might be that you will buy it right away.

100 to 200 hours of listening and then you have the set in its optimal performance condition.

I had a demo of 320 with 2605V2, at mani square, kol on the 20th.It couldn't beat my AVR Yamaha 667, connected to same FLS that I own in 2ch mode.
Could be that it was connected to a pioneer DVD player. The Burr brown DAC was doing the trick in the AVR.
But what put me off was that at 0 treble and bass at 3, it was sounding very bright.Minimum bass needed was 8 and above.Treble could not be moved beyond 0
Moreover, the volume was effective after 30 to be audible and I had to raise it to 50(max 66), to feel the music.I wonder if it is really 80 watts /ch at 8 ohms?
SORRY! found no reason to buy the amp.when my AVR was doing much better.Although I am a huge fan of them , though their service is pathetic.

I auditioned SiA 310 along with their bookshelf and floostanding speakers in Croma, Eva mall, Bangalore.
Croma has allocated about 150 sq ft of open space to sonodyne from their 3000 or 4000 sq ft showroom. But for proper audition a separate room is requried. So it very difficult to say much about audition in such a setting, however following are my obsevations:

Source: Sony DVD player, Amp: SiA 310, Speakers: 1503(BS), 2504 and 2505(FS)

1) The sales man first played one English DVD(dont remember the name). The sound/music was not at all clear. I requested him to find one Audio Cd.
2) After few minutes he could find one bollywood style cd.
First i auditoned 1503 BS, second 2504 FS and then 2505 FS with the same cd, amp and source. I could see the improvement in sound quality with the change in the cd and speakers. Sound was clear, i could also listen to the mids and lows in the floor standers.
3) On negative side the volume on the amp had to be increased to 50 to have any kind of observation, at 30 i could not hear anything and i think he mentioned 60 or 65 is the highest.

Overall it was a mixed impression, it may be because of the open area, not a very good source or an average amp. Problem is that this is my first audition. So i cannot say much as to how sonodyne is compared to other best available amps and speakers in the market.

I auditioned SiA 310 along with their bookshelf and floostanding speakers in Croma, Eva mall, Bangalore.
Croma has allocated about 150 sq ft of open space to sonodyne from their 3000 or 4000 sq ft showroom. But for proper audition a separate room is requried. So it very difficult to say much about audition in such a setting, however following are my obsevations:

1) The sales man first played one English DVD(dont remember the name). The sound/music was not at all clear. I requested him to find one Audio Cd.
First i auditoned 1503 BS, second 2504 FS and then 2505 FS with the same cd, amp and source. I could see the improvement in sound quality with the change in the cd and speakers. Sound was clear, i could also listen to the mids and lows in the floor standers.
3) On negative side the volume on the amp had to be increased to 50 to have any kind of observation, at 30 i could not hear anything and i think he mentioned 60 or 65 is the highest.

Overall it was a mixed impression, it may be because of the open area, not a very good source or an average amp. Problem is that this is my first audition. So i cannot say much as to how sonodyne is compared to other best available amps and speakers in the market.

I agree with you Amit, its because of the open area.

Without grill

2605v3_zps37bf6e8e.jpg

Similar experience, but mine was in a much smaller room.So, it proves that the amps are not like that of it's predecessors.

Last edited:
Back