Right now I am listening to ...

DD00AA3C-2310-41B2-9474-F9F4C8CAB008.jpeg9AE340A7-4D7A-4683-8229-0640C0E0A467.jpeg

‘Meera’ - OST of the 1979 film (Hema Malini, Vinod Khanna) by none other than Pandit Ravi Shankar. Highly recommended! Excellent compositions on traditional bhajans, well-player instruments, clear recoding with good soundstage, and to top it, immaculate singing by Vani Jayaram. Her combination of sur and bhav is rare and is not surprising why RS must have chosen her for the album. Was lucky to find this jewel (in a jewel case) at an old CD reseller some time back. This is a remastered version. I’d love to hear how the original recoding sounded.

View attachment 36481View attachment 36482

‘Meera’ - OST of the 1979 film (Hema Malini, Vinod Khanna) by none other than Pandit Ravi Shankar. Highly recommended! Excellent compositions on traditional bhajans, well-player instruments, clear recoding with good soundstage, and to top it, immaculate singing by Vani Jayaram. Her combination of sur and bhav is rare and is not surprising why RS must have chosen her for the album. Was lucky to find this jewel (in a jewel case) at an old CD reseller some time back. This is a remastered version. I’d love to hear how the original recoding sounded.
Yes. Beautiful album. I too have the universal release. The original was on polydor vinyl, I think.

Swathi Thirunal/Neyyattinkara Vasudevan- Music from the 1987 movie

Beautiful carnatic classical compositions in a rare gem of an album

A very silly song that only Asha can make listenable. But pay attention to the drums and other instruments - something special.
Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhosale are my favourite. Love their voice. Even if they sing with no music it is pleasure.

There are couple of melodious song absolutely ruined silly lyrics or some by sudden injection of silly sound.
Hee Hee What has 'Zingalala Zingalala huu huu' and 'Zim zim zeem zeem zeem taara' got to do with music. :p
Some nice tune totally destroyed. I cant even write what is in between shalimar song something like 'maka chaka chpau naka kusuk taka maka na' LOL
May be the story/producer/whim demanded it.

But thanks to other beautiful songs those stalwart singers and music directors gave us.
Regards

Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhosale are my favourite. Love their voice. Even if they sing with no music it is pleasure.

There are couple of melodious song absolutely ruined silly lyrics or some by sudden injection of silly sound.
Hee Hee What has 'Zingalala Zingalala huu huu' and 'Zim zim zeem zeem zeem taara' got to do with music. :p
Some nice tune totally destroyed. I cant even write what is in between shalimar song something like 'maka chaka chpau naka kusuk taka maka na' LOL
May be the story/producer/whim demanded it.

But thanks to other beautiful songs those stalwart singers and music directors gave us.
Regards

Yes such gimmicks might bring in more listeners then, but ensure that the song ages very fast and doesn’t become a classic.

I am listening to my favourites from 80/90's Tamil hits FLAC/WAV:
1. Kan pesum varthai - 7G Rainbow colony
2. Chinna Pura ondru - Anbe Sangeetha (not widely known great song)
3. Thanga Thamarai - Minsara Kanavu
4. Konji Konji - Veera (mesmerising song from the God of Music)
5. Pachaikiligal Tholodu - Indian (K.J.Yesudas + A.R.R)
+
Latest 6. Kaathale Kaathale - 96 (Chinmayi's silky voice)

All these I listen through Audacious media player (remember winamp? - theme is derived from this nostalgic player) on Linux machine.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back