Right now I am listening to ...

That was captivating! Thanks for sharing
Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande's was introduced to me by my uncle. I immediately liked it. So much that when Cassettes were available for 20 rs. the same cassette was for Rs. 50 by Alurkar Music (Pune). Later on I bought Audio CD. Have two copies for backup.

The music I posted is from Marathi Drama "Katyar kaljaat ghusali' (Dagger in the heart). Nice beautiful story on music, heritage and artists with nice classical based songs sprinkled throughout. English is not my first language. I have translated this 'natyasangeet' (Song in drama) to get the essence of what you were listening to.

Songs of this house, have become aged.

letgo the gentle soft tone, to a faraway place.

for emotional tale of expression and faith to music
I will bow down my head in defeat,

longing for New music and song, Longing for the new light
letgo the old to a faraway place.

Other songs from same drama are very good too. Lots of Pure Indian Classical music of Vasantrao Deshpande on youtube. See if you like them.
Regards.

Been listening to Vol 1 and 2 of this Kisore Live at LA : https://www.saregama.com/album/kishore-kumar-live-at-los-angeles-vol-1_100794

It's refreshing to hear clear instruments in stereo from these old melodies. But Kishore's voice sounded saturated/clipping even at lower volume level on Spotify. Later downloaded WAV format albums from Saregama - will know if it sounds any better in WAV tomorrow once I start listening to them.

One of finest recording & very nice sounding songs in kannada

Attachments

• 20210515_215555.jpg
    20210515_215555.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 8
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back