RIP Bhupinder Singh

arj

Staff member
The Man with that resonant rich voice is no more

"Dil Dhoondta hai. Phir wahi Fursat ke Raat Din", "Kisi Nazar ko tera intezaar....." and then there is "Karoge Yaad Toh"

3 of his hauntingly soul stirring emotional songs for me..

Born at Amritsar in Punjab and trained by his father Natha Singhji, a well-known vocalist, Bhupinder learnt the guitar and the violin early in his youth. He started by performing on the All India Radio. He was also attached to the Delhi Doordarshan. In 1962, legendary music director Madan Mohan heard him singing, called him to Mumbai and gave him a chance to sing a song for a film.

His other famous songs include “Naam Gum Jayega”, “Do Diwane Shahar Mein”, “Karoge Yaad To”, “Meethe Bol Bole”, “Ek Akela is Shehar Mein”, “Hoke Majboor Mujhe, Usne Bulaya Hoga” (with Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mehmood, and Manna Dey) and “Dukki Pe Dukki Ho Ya Satte Pe Satta”.

Unique Voice, Amazing Talent ; Excelled during the most competitive Era of Bollywood Music...
Om Shanti 🙏

One of the best. May you Rest in Peace, surrounded by the lovely songs you sang for us in your rich melodious voice. We will miss you.

Just listened one more time to the touching voice in "Oobi Aankhon Mein" (good stereo presentation too)

An effortless singer with a particularly tuneful voice.

RIP Bhupinder Ji.

A sad loss. The playful "Do deeane sheher mein..." and soulful "Ek Akela is sheher mein..." from Gharonda were among my favorite. A trivia about him was that he was R D Burman's guitarist in some iconic songs like Mehbooba Mehbooba, Dum maaro Dum and Chura liya.

Time to play his songs and thank him for so many moments of joy his voice and instruments have give me.

Bhupinder, you'll be missed.

One of my favorite albums. He was such an individual voice in the melee.

1658379806602.png

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back