• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

RIP Chromecast Audio?

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

raghupb

Aha. Now tell $35 to $15 price drop makes sense. Closeout sale. Get it while you still can.
Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:

MaSh

I don't see them available anywhere. Out of stock on Flipkart, Croma, etc. Any other options?

MaSh

newlash09

I don't see them available anywhere. Out of stock on Flipkart, Croma, etc. Any other options?

MaSh

Is it...all the more reason to hunt for one now. I think no one will even want to sell the last peices they have. I fondly hope I can find atleast one more for my second system.

Fiftyfifty

Google will probably introduce a device that can cast as well as act as Google Assistant, maybe with a built in speaker plus optical out!

raghupb

MaSh
In India it was out of stock much earlier.
If you have friends in US it may still be available on Google store.
My friend said BB and Walmart ran out very quickly after the price drop.
Cheers,
Raghu

MaSh

In India it was out of stock much earlier.
If you have friends in US it may still be available on Google store.
My friend said BB and Walmart ran out very quickly after the price drop.
Cheers,
Raghu
Hmm yeah. There is one on sale in the sale section quoted 2500/-.

MaSh

raghupb

Just checked at Google US store. It is out of stock.
I picked up a three in Nov-Dec to try multi-room stuff.
Will come in handy in the next couple of months.
Cheers,
Raghu

hpdinesh

Thought of selling my Chromecast audio as I rarely use it. Guess I will keep it now.. :D

MaSh

I guess majority of people missed the potential this device has. The HDMI version sells like hot cakes.

MaSh

mehravik

It’s not even available at $35 in the US. My cousin over there couldn’t find one in any brick n mortar stores for me. He ordered one online for me but it is yet to be delivered..let’s see.

mehravik

Guess I got lucky. Google has already dispatched my CCA to the designated address in the US, will be delivered in 2-3 days. Had also ordered a Micca mini TosLink to TosLink cable from Amazon US.
Hope to get the goodies in my hands by January end.
Plan was to check how the DAC in my Yamaha a s501 performs in comparison to the one in my iPhone connected to the Yamaha through headphones out.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

RRR

Even I had thought of selling mine as i used it initially and now lying idle. Guess will hang on to it now for sometime.

jr83

I guess majority of people missed the potential this device has. The HDMI version sells like hot cakes.

MaSh

I use my HDMI Chromecast on one of my receivers only for audio! No need to turn on the screen or anything, just select the right source and stream away. Also with CC coming built in for a range of devices - nVidia Shield, MiBox and almost every Android TV - CC Audio is for a rare occasion. One where someone has older speakers not connected to a receiver.